Regarding Discord connection

Sometimes I try to discover new music. For example now: “Bill Frisell - Valentine”. But this is a masterpiece. Sometimes check more commercial songs, even mainstream, even if don’t like them (too much). So this “music listening history” is relative, don’t reflect always my preferences.

I’m discovering new music all the time, I don’t have Qobuz or Tidal or twitter or any other social media…

I don’t think you understand how this works. Well, it’s not like it’s important anyway. You don’t have to understand so if you’re not interested in this topic just stay away from it, man.

My tuppence worth- I’d far sooner the devs at Audirvana commit their time and effort to maintaining/upgrading the core use of the software, namely the playback of audio files in the best quality possible :+1:

4 Likes

I don’t think maintenance by a supposedly small team justifies these prices, including charging a monthly fee. Other devs (in similar size) do better.
Also, what is there to upgrade anyway? Besides additional features I can’t think of anything.
Audio quality has been the same since AV 3.5, please…It’s okay to focus on issues first so this doesn’t have to be a priority.
Again, I’m not talking about Roon.

Just a suggestion, and not trying to be argumentative, but if you believe Audirvana to be overpriced and inferior to other software solutions perhaps these solutions would be more to your liking?
Also, as I’m sure you’re aware, I would suggest that most software companies are forever ‘tweaking’ their product, what with differing software versions and upgrades. More time consuming for a smaller company such as Audirvana as opposed a company like (cough) ROON (cough) :+1:

2 Likes

I’ll respond to whatever topic I like, however condescending you choose to be.

3 Likes

Audirvana is literally the best sounding audio-player software on the market. It’s just poorly designed and their tech team seems not as competent and premium as they should be (for this price).
I’ve never even mentioned Roon in the first place. Stop putting words in my mouth, please. This is my last comment in this thread. Go ahead and continue.

@max2bw …Audirvana Studio does everything that I need it to do, while delivering every drop of the artistry imbued in the music production, if the playback component amalgamation can resolve these subtleties… Can Audirvana sound-quality be improved upon?.. Time will tell… The rest is superfluous for me, but, I want the Audirvana development team to stick to the basics of producing the highest possible playback sound-quality and if folks want compromise for convenience or otherwise, use another player, is my feeling…
I use Live Plasma to find new artists: https://liveplasma.com
:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

3 Likes

Hi @max2bw

Wow, in the same paragraph, we do have a praise for our software and a big criticism of the work we are doing every day, thanks a lot for your comment :wink:

In fairness to you, I do not know your premium standards but I can tell you I try my best every day so everyone can enjoy the software the way he wants.

I understand your point about Discord and I will check on the dev required for this BUT keep in mind that we do aggregate the user suggestions to add them to our internal roadmap. I can’t give you any guarantee at all if the Discord integration will be made.

1 Like

On a following note about Discord, if we do the integration, we will not use Discord-RPC but the Activities from their SDK since Discord-RPC is depreciated.

Yeah, using the SDK API is fair.
Thanks for acknowledging there is demand for it (outside this forum). And again, it’s just a suggestion, take all the time you need.

I would also like for this to be a thing

Waiting for this to be added. Spotify has it, so does musicbee, why not Audirvana.