Remaining trial period not added to end subscription date

I have subscribed to Audirvana Studio. My trial period was until 16-june-2021. On 29th of may I decided to take a one year subscription, but the remaining time for my trial period was not added to the end date. Now Audirvana displays a due date of 29 May 2022 where I would expect a due date of 16 June 2022.

So basically Audirvana took 2 weeks of trial from me.

When I subscribed to Roon they where so friendly (and they also mentioned it) to add my remaining trial period to the end date of my subscription. I also assumed this is normal business practice.

Has anybody else subscribing had this same experience?

I am not going to make a capital case about 2 weeks, but basically I feel a bit punished for subscribing before my trial period ended. A simple gesture to correct that would go a long way in the ‘customer friendly’ department.

So my question is:
@Antoine is it normal that the remaining trial period is not added to the subscription?

1 Like

I have to agree did the same to
Me but they did give me 1.5 years free because so I bought 3.5 at the end April. No big deal but …

1 Like

Well that is a nice gesture.

Yeah same issue here. Subscribed halfway through the trial and my next due date is 28 May 2022.

1 Like

18months free is a very nice gesture. However, I have to say I’ve been a purchaser for ten years and all I got was $20 off first year of subscription.

I was expecting a loyalty and beta-testing offer.

I’m very happy to subscribe. I did for a year before trial period ended. Just sayin’.

A trial simply means you are trying out the program for free to see if you like it. You subscribed because you liked it, obviously. So, no need for the trial any more, you ended it when you subscribed.

In my case, I am waiting for the Remote App 14 day trial extension to make the decision. Look for my post Audirvana Studio Trial Extension for the details. Damien agreed to it.

1 Like

Thanks @Jim_F

I appreciate the comment. Usually, most subscriptions allow you to complete the trial period, then begin the subscription. It’s a kind of brand loyalty, expression of alore iation thing which is quite further boosting of brand loyalty. It’s a nice gesture I think.

1 Like

Your definition of a trial period differs from mine. Also most of the other subscriptions based companies think different about a trial period than you do. Ultimately I started this topic to ask @Antoine about this, but still did not receive an answer yet.

As @philipjohnson also mentioned: Most subscriptions I have (including Roon) allow subscribers to complete the trial period. I did not even have to ask for it, it happened automatically. I was just wondering why Audirvana does not do that. A customer shows his loyalty by subscribing a bit earlier.
It costs Audirvana nothing (because I could have waited until the end of my trial period before subscribing) and it is also a nice gesture towards the customer.

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering about this as well. All the other subs I’ve had in the past and present only started charging after the trial period ended.

3 Likes

Your definition of a trial period differs from other subscription based companies like Roon. So I think it is reasonable to ask why Audirvana deviates from other companies in this respect. I started this topic mainly to hear what the official (@Antoine) answer is and to hear if this happened to others too.

2 Likes

Hi @Antoine, I see the remote is ready and the trial has extended with a month for everyone. Are you planning also to do something nice for the people who already subscribed and have lots of problems (especially in the Windows version) as well?

Also see the original topic here to start the subscription period after the trial period ends (like Qobuz and Roon do also). Do you really want people to miss out of a couple of weeks if they subscribe within their trial period? This is not common practice with other subscription services, only Audirvana does this.

Don’t get me wrong I like AS very much since I bought 3.5 and I understand there are some teething problems converting to a subscription model, but I am still asking :wink:

Long story short, we can’t do this for people that are already subscribed due to the automatic billing of subscription going on.

And for this specific thing, Qobuz and Roon ask you for your credit card to start your trial to make you automatically pay at the end of your trial.

We thought that it will not be the right things to do for us, this is why we don’t ask for credit card information to start your trial. That being said the drawback is that since you put your credit card information, our payment provider automatically bill you and start your subscription, it’s something that can’t be prevail as you start paid for the service.

1 Like

Who is talking about freebies? I just asked to do the same for the subscribers as for the people still on a trial period.
I also asked (as per this topic) why Audirvana does not have the same subscription policy as Qobuz or Roon. How do you interpret that as asking for freebies? It is a simple customer-company related question. Why do you make everything so personal towards Damien? And why are you talking in the ‘we’ form? Dit you do a poll to investigate what the opinion of ‘we’ is?

2 Likes

In your opinion. In my opinion it would be a nice gesture or compensation from Audirvana for all the things that went wrong. And since the people in the trial period already get a ‘freebie’ for a month extra, why not the subscribers?

Not according to Damien. And not according to Audirvana’s website.

Yes, keep generalizing and thinking that this forum has a personal vendetta against Damien. I was simply asking a question to a business called ‘Audirvana’. You seem to feel the need to take everything personally about Damien.

If you can’t make that simple distinction I have no use talking to you any further. Have a nice day!

If I may paraphrase @AndyLubke:

"Speak for yourself, @Jim_F "

He asked a simple question, got an answer. Case closed.
Why do need to bring up all this Audirvana warrior champion crap?

1 Like

I don’t like when you pompously use “we” like someone appointed you teacher’s pet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.