Request for money back ignored

Sure, $96 is not nothing.
With $96 you can buy some albums of good music that you’ll keep forever, and that you will be able to listen to with all your present and future players.

6 Likes

@Doudou… my thoughts exactly

@Jim-F - Please read my comments. I bought a software that I was led to believe had a database that worked properly. When I discovered that it does not, I assumed that eventually this would be worked out. With no feedback from the developer (being ghosted), I have zero information regarding any further work on 3.5.
Fact: I would not have made the purchase had I had known the lifespan.
Fact: I feel burned.
Fact: Yes, I’ll get over it.

Sure, this is really a very stupid way to waste money. I don’t know of many who do it. :joy:

2 Likes

I forgot it. I thought you were a Roon subscriber.

If you want to sell you lifetime license of Roon to someone else, does Roon allow it, or it’s impossible?

It’s amazing to me to see the number of apologists for Damien. He has a business. He sells a product. He needs his current customers and new ones. He’s done a terrible job with both.

There are still bugs in 3.5 for some users that will never be fixed. For the OP, in the interest of customer goodwill, he should refund the money. Think of the positive comments the OP would make to anyone contemplating Roon or Studio.

The lack of communication between Damien and his customers is the mark of someone that is not a businessman. The news about the disaster that is AS has spread throughout this forum and I’m sure throughout audiophile circles. Not a way to intro your make or break program.

Every day that goes by with no communication is another day lost to building goodwill.

Goodwill is priceless.

2 Likes

I agree with you regarding the purchase in last few months without a word of future subscription model. However, it is still a lifetime purchase and 3.5 has [had updates] been updated since advent of Studio. It is likely, hopeful, these fixes and minor updates will continue.

I have been an advocate for Audirvana since the beginning and I continue to be hopeful the same concern for the product/s will be ongoing.

[EDIT: I think it is the spending of money that gets people’s goat up. I do think that a PR problem has arisen because of the manner of introduction Audirvana Studio. It has inflamed many people and somewhere along the way a business model was adopted that ignored the users. It seems a sit-around-the-boardroom-table with a few people pointing out the possible outcomes may have avoided this issue.

Not too late to rectify. It would be a bit of a nightmare BUT would be beneficial to correct this NOW. It looks like someone decided that the fall-offs would not amount to much given what they think is a superior product.

I point out that I love the interface Roon presents and the library integration but I don’t like the sound. So I go for the sound of Audirvana and put-up-with-reluctantly the faulty and woefully inadequate UI.]

1 Like

Flagging innocuous comments is an absurdity. If you dont agree with something either ignore or reply … like I am doing.

3.5 has had just one single update since the release of Studio, I believe. Singular, not plural.
What evidence do you have that there is any likelihood that there will be any more?
Maybe there will, maybe there won’t, but why do you consider it “likely”?

2 Likes

You are right … a single update. I’ll correct that in previous post. Still, it has been updated since the advent of Studio.

I could not agree with you more. Why is my post flagged? Someone with the power to flag is flagging posts left and right because someone is uncomfortable with what was said.

Does anyone else have the power to flag the post? I sure don’t.

All of us can flag posts, including you and me.
Just click on the ellipsis (three dots) under a post, then click on the flag icon that pops up.

Thanks for pointing that out. I did not know that.

Flaging? is not new, just babies use that…

When someone flag an answer, you can still see that flagged answer, it is just one more click to see that a baby on internet used that… boring!!

You’re welcome, Music123. :slight_smile:
I wouldn’t suggest over-using it, of course. There have been one or two individuals who seem to have been using it in an attempt to intimidate others recently, which is a gross misuse of the flagging facility.
Still, bullies will be bullies. :frowning:

2 Likes

Can i help you for free, and close that thread… with That Beatles sort things…
you just not understand how it works, or Damien was not good enough to make you understand it…

the best thing about Audirvana is… it set it straight that a group should be label as it is named… :slight_smile:

but if you want your The Beatles to be named Beatles, The
it is really simple…

maybe tomorrow would be best, 1:00 am here :wink:

1 Like

Not to worry. I don’t believe in flagging. I thought only a few people have the authority to flag posts and was baffled that many posts were flagged left and right at a time. I have never been in a forum where so many posts were flagged.

But I also noticed I could read flagged posts by clicking another button. So, I don’t see the point of flagging except to annoy.

In principle, the ability to flag posts is a good idea.
It enables forum users to bring spam or racist, sexist or otherwise bigoted posts to a moderator’s attention.
In my year or so here I’ve flagged two spam posts which were later deleted.
However, its usefulness and effectiveness does depend on there being one or more active moderators. As far as I know Damien is the only moderator for this forum, and he’s pretty busy with other things at the moment… :wink:

All that said, the recent spate of flagging posts as a form of bullying is both idiotic and a waste of time to whoever will eventually moderate the reports.

Yes you also can flag. Not sure “the power to flag” is good way to express it but those who do flag just because they disagree or can’t see 'umour would definitely be feeling powerful.