Running Audirvana Studio 2.0 on Windows 11 [Solved]

Does Audirvana Studio 2.0 run well on Windows 11?

1 Like

It’s been running fine on my Windows 11 (HP) mid-tower desktop. I don’t run any plug-ins or up-sample and I haven’t had any issues for just over a year now with v1.x and now v2.0.

2 Likes

I also used Windows 11 with Audirvana with no problems. But now I’m back with Windows 10 because I prefer the stability and speed, not interested in features that I don’t use, plus Windows 11 has many bugs (I agree most have been corrected). Usually all apps that works with 10 will work with 11 without issues. There are few exceptions, of course Audirvana it’s not. Roon can run even on Windows 7. Windows 10 and 11 are not completely different animals.

1 Like

Go for a Mac.

1 Like

I have been using Audirvana Studio 2.0 on Windows 11 using a HP Desktop. It has been working flawlessly with no issues. Play my WAV & FLAC files, internet radio, Qobuz and Tidal. I upsample PCM and play some DSD and MQA with all of it playing without issues. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi Jim,

Using Audirvana Origin 2.0 on a NUC (i5, 16GB Ram) with win11. No problems at all. I have my DAC connected via usb.

1 Like

Back when I used Windows 11 on my Lenovo, before buying my M1 MacBook Pro, AS 1.x ran perfectly fine on it. I don’t see a reason to assume that 2.x will be any different.

But man, make up your mind. I remember you’ve asked us in the past the same question with the M1 MacBook Air, now again with the M2.

We need to convince you to get a Windows laptop instead of an Apple? That says to me that you want to go for Apple, so go for it.

You’ll have a much better experience with the Mac. Especially with Apple product like Apple Music.

You do know that experiences with Windows vs Mac are completely personal and subjective? There is no factual objective basis for proving that one is better vs the other.
It all boils down to personal preference. There is no point trying to convince someone to use one over the other. You just as well could claim that ‘classical music provides a better experience than jazz’. It has no foundation at all, except that it only shows your personal taste.

4 Likes

It’s true, that’s just a question of personal preference. I think it’a pretty clear what my preference is. :blush:

2 Likes

Let me guess… Windows? :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Linux of course :innocent:

1 Like

I would agree as far as the UI goes, the operating system is purely a personal and subjective experience. Where Apple has a clear advantage is in hardware. The M series silicon has very significant advantages over Intel boxes. This is the reason Apple is selling way more M series computers in a market where wintel boxes are shrinking 15%. I use both, wintel for some engineering software, a mac for everything else.

The leap Apple made with the M series chip is remarkable. I get a day and a half in work environment battery life. The main advantage of using 5 nm chips versus intel which is still stuck on 10 nm technology. Attempting to edit video and 64 mp raw images on my Lenovo 11th gen X1 Carbon results in massive fan noise, overheated legs and 4 hr battery life. On an M1 max notebook no heat, no noise and a cool lap (and way better performance in real life use).

In the latest 11th and 12th gen Intel i series chips intel pushed the performance in plugged in mode at the expense of power consumption. Apple chips use 1/3rd the power per unit of performance - a significant advantage in both environmental impact and energy bills.

Apple M series chips also do not throttle performance in battery mode, as published in most early M series Air/Pro reviews. With wintel machines to get the 10 hr quoted battery life the computing power is scaled back dramatically in battery mode. Intel will catch up eventually but it will take a few years.

As a user of both Apple and Intel machines I have to say the M series chip innovation is one of the biggest advances in portable computing I have experienced in my use of notebook computers since the late 1980’s. As stated, Intel will catch up but Apple really gave them a kick in the butt with the M series Arm based chip innovations.

1 Like

I know, but think of the planet Jim!

1 Like

The most important question is: what you do with your computer? I play music with Audirvana, Firefox, Office, VLC. Any modern PC will satisfy my needs, and because I’m an old user of Windows and I know how to customize it to have the best experience with my apps I don’t care about the differences between Mac and PC. Plus Macs are usually too expensive for my budget, even if I can have the money with some sacrifices I have better things to do in real life.

Yep. Windows 11 is (in my experience) fully backwards compatible with Windows 10.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.