Search Results change request

I have been using and enjoying Studio for several days and, while it has taken some getting used to, I find I am beginning to appreciate the integration between my local library (3,950 tracks) and Qobuz.

There are a couple of changes I’d like to see to the Search function that would make it much more pleasant to use:

My test case is searching for “The Eagles”.

1. The first thing I see are listings for “Radios” and “Podcasts”. I don’t care about either one. I really want the ability to toggle these two categories OFF in preferences so they don’t clutter up my screen.

2. On the top row under Qobuz I click on “Eagles” and see the Qobuz Eagles screen - which includes the description, list of similar artists, Top Tracks - all good so far, and then “Albums from Qobuz” shows me 1 row of 10 albums, none of which are by the Eagles. Talk about some obscure junk I will never be interested in, such as “Disco Fever, Hotel California” . It’s even worse searching for “The Beatles” - I have to scroll past 100 (!) non-Beatles albums before I see their albums.

I tried the same searches using the Qobuz app and the real albums are listed first with all the worthless matches pushed to the bottom so I know it can be done,

Fixing these two items would really improve my opinion of the switch to a subscription model.

Thanks!

This is due to Qobuz API. We can sort by release date but we can’t sort by relevance as it’s possible on their apps. And if you check a little bit their app you will see that if you sort by release date, you will see albums from 2021 next to 2014. This means they are using a different API than the one they give to their partners.

Thanks for your quick response.

I understand I can turn-off the podcast and radio search results but it would be much better if that switch were sticky - so I wouldn’t have to turn those items off for every search.

As for the sorting - that makes sense, thanks for the info.

1 Like

I agree with you. I have asked @Antoine for similar things in my post: Cosmetic concers, but i have had no answer or comment yet: :frowning_face: I hope he will consider this request.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.