Searching HiRes files?

I have downloaded a number of sample HiRes music files try them out, to see how my dac reacts and also how Audirvana handles them. This is the strange thing: I have put the files in a separate folder and set that up to be synced as well as my normal library. There are 19 files in the folder of which 15 files start with 2L-.
hires files
If I do a search for ‘2L’ I get 3 results:

These files will play on Audirvana, no problem, but where are the other ones?
If I go into the Finder and right-click on any of the HiRes files and choose ‘Open with Audirvana’ the other files also play but they do ot turn up inside the Audirvana library. Is there maybe a problem with the file names that Audirvana won’t import them?

I am running MacOS High Sierra on a 2009 iMac with the latest version of Audirvana

maybe to are written 2L… something in the finder, but they are tagged differently?

or you can untick your music folder usually used to not see your songs and only the new ones… then you’ll know are they are named :slight_smile:

Hi, not quite sure what you mean in your first comment, I will try your suggestion of just syncing with the hires folder
James

Do you see all of those tracks in the Library section of Audirvana?

Hi Damien,

No, only the ones that appear in Search. Search returns 4 tracks (I said 3 in my first post) and those are the only ones in the library.

What it looks like to me is that Audirvana only accepts/imports/syncs .dff and .aiff extensions. Other extension like .dsf or mqa.flac will play if opened from the Finder but do not import. Is that a possible explanation?

James

Can you remove the folder you tried to sync, open the console app of Macs OS, search for Audirvana. Do not close Console and after doing this try to add the folder again and check if you have errors?

I got the following:

default 15:38:28.058861 +0100 Audirvana SFBrowserCallBack (node = <SFNode 0x604000afb680>{domain = Network})
default 15:38:41.160060 +0100 Audirvana Connection to sharingd became invalid
error 15:38:41.245410 +0100 Audirvana errors encountered while discovering extensions: Error Domain=PlugInKit Code=13 “query cancelled” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=query cancelled}
default 15:38:41.245713 +0100 Audirvana OSErr AERemoveEventHandler(AEEventClass, AEEventID, AEEventHandlerUPP, Boolean)(ficl,askM handler=0x7fff517af5c5 isSys=NO) err=0/noErr

Can you send us a mail with one of the track that do not sync with Audirvana at support@audirvana.com?

Thanks Damien, you should have it within 10 minutes.

Hallo Damien,
I sent you the Console information and two tracks which I could not import. I had no feedback about the Console information. Your support colleague WAS able to import those tracks. I am running High Sierra and it does seem to be the file extensions which are causing the problem. Can you suggest any other tests which I can try to pinpoint the issue?

I have just sent another e-mail to support with some additional information

There are thousands of .dsf files in my Audirvana library. I don’t think the .dsf extension is causing the problem.

Audirvana support are looking into it. I sent them two files which I could not sync, they could. I’m using High Sierra, maybe that’s got something to do with it. I can also drag and drop these files and they will play. But I can’t sync them into my library. Also, my library maintenance did not show up any problems.

My first comment meant, that i can be name zappa.dsf in the finder, but in Audirvana the song was maybe tagged Genesis123.dsf for example…

Put your library in track mode instead of album mode… then right click the columns menu bar and add bit depth or and sample rate, then click to sort like bit depth first and check if your songs appears. you can add location also in the menu to see if it the one you are looking for…

.dsf is not the problem for sure…

Also in your picture up there you can see that most of them have an icon of music… the black square by default will open Terminal… and the white sheet, mac will ask you: what app can i open it :slight_smile:

67e1f3f5aa5253cd12de346f2df082a0411fc72d

you can right click a file of anything and tell the finder which application you want to open them with… and not nessacerally the default one

Hi, I understand that principle. I can certainly try assigning Audirvana to be the default player for those file types and see if it makes a difference to whether they sync or not. I will let you know!

I have done as you suggested and by telling MacOS that these files are to be opened by Audirvana by default they are also now synced correctly - all these files now appear in my library.
So, many thanks RunHomeSlow for your input!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.