SImple is difficult

I’ve been perfectly happy with my Pine Player for the last few years but now it’s no longer behaving and there’s no trouble shooting help to be found. After a good day of searching for a replacement I found this Origin App. It looks like it could be great and I’m willing to pay for a good application . . . but.

The interface is pretty but not quite as easy as hoped.
There’s no drag and drop functionality.
There’s no ‘show in finder’ option
The imported folder of albums produces numerous duplicates.
I can’t import the playlists I’ve carefully curated from the Pine Player app.
The app will not work with the Boom 3D application and there’s no such control in Origin.
I can’t extend the portion of the library that shows the Album file paths so I can actually see the path.

UI and UX are the critical difference tween success and failure regardless of the brilliance of the coding.

if you can export your playlists in .m3u format, Audirvana will be able to import them after.
if you create a playlist you can drag and drop songs in it…
show finder, see your other thread

many many options are there to you to be able to customize your library window… not easy to find them always :slight_smile:

You are used to Pine Player and you are not used to Audirvana. There is always a learning curve.

Yes there is, but maybe not in the places you expect.

Yes there is, but not where you expected it. See your other thread for an answer.

Check the metadata in your music files. Probably missing some information. Pine Player probably manages the meta data differently than Audirvana does. Every program does it it’s own way because there is (unfortunately) no standard in labeling metadata.

Yes you can, if you export them to *.m3u format from Pine Player. Just don’t use Pine Player’s own internal format. Only Pine player can read those ppl files. No other program can.

Audirvana can use external VST plugins.

There seems indeed to be a problem with Boom 3D:
Boom 3D not working - Audirvāna Origin - Audirvana.

There are countless other VST plugins like Boom 3D (free and paid) available which work with Audirvana, but only you can decide if you want to spend some time to explore the other possibillities.

You can add a ‘File path’ column (if not already there) in any list view in Audirvana. Also you can resize that column and all other colums in a list view. It is not clear to me what you mean here.

It seems to boil down to getting used to another program (in this case Audirvana). Most of the things you think are not possible, are possible, but in a different way you are/where used to in Pine Player.
It is a learning curve. Give it some time to get used to Audirvana first and after that you can make an educated decision to buy it or not. That’s what the trial period is for.

1 Like

There is only a reduced drag and drop functionality in Audirvana. Ctrl-A or selecting a certain area of albums with the Mouse or Command select certain files does not work in Audirvana.