Software Upsampling and max streaming resolution

Hi everyone,

I’m a newbie to Audirvana and this forum so please forgive me if the following topics have been covered before…

1. How is the maximum bit rate and audio resolution bandwidth determined when connected to an external audio device via a USB connection from a PC? In my case I have the connection going into the USB input of a Nobsound Mini integrated class D amplifier https://amzn.to/2WhPCZE - In Audirvana I have this connection showing up as a generic USB 2.0 speaker under the WASAPI section. I cannot access the ASIO section has this just causes the app to crash. I’m wondering why the output resolution is showing as 16 bit 48 khz? Can this be changed? I’m assuming that USB 2.0 can support higher audio streaming rates?

2. My second question relates to whether it possible have upsampling performed in software in Audirvana prior to outputting to the DAC/USB audio device etc? And if so how to set this up? Assuming the DAC device is capable of supporting higher bit rates resolutions.

Thanks for any assistance offered,
Henry.

Hello, I’m not sure I will give you the good information but the DAC must be recognized by the PC so Audivarna will be able to to manage it correctly (and not as generic speaker).

1. My second question relates to whether it possible have upsampling performed in software in Audirvana prior to outputting to the DAC/USB audio device etc? And if so how to set this up? Assuming the DAC device is capable of supporting higher bit rates resolutions.

Thanks for any assistance offered,
Henry.

Audivarna proposes in the device options to use the max bit rates supported by the DAC if correctly detected. I have 16 bits FLAC files and Audivarna upsample them to 32 bits as my iBasso DX 90 manages 32 bits/196 Hz

Hope it helps.