Some initial thoughts

Hi All

Just a few thoughts on Audirvana for Windows 10 which I’ve been using now for a few weeks.

Initially I started with my i7 8GB laptop connected to my Synology NAS 2 TB music folder which worked OK but the UI felt a little clunky and slow. However it sounded really good and worked well with my networked renders.

1 Tinker Board/Volumio into IFI IDSD.
2 Raspberry PI 3/Volumio into BOSS DAC with Isolator
3 Raspberry PI 3/Volumio into BOSS DAC
4 Raspberry PI 3/Volumio into Xiang DAC 1
5 SOTM SMS200 into Project S2

I have those scattered around the house for general entertainment and background listening.

My main rig is situated in a networked out building so that made things a little more tricky.

My solution was to go with a W10 Pro Intel NUC 6 i3 16GB with M.2 SSD for the OS and 2TB spinning disc music storage. I’m using remote desktop on 2 laptops to allow access to the NUC in house and listening room which works very well and is a good half way house until the APP arrives.

The UI seems to be much more responsive with the above set up.

My main rig comprises of:

LAN connected KEF LS50 wireless with BK 15inch sub.

It’s sounding really good. Maybe the best I’ve heard from those speakers.

Dynamic and fluid with great depth but also subtalty and detail with out the glare. It playes nicely with Qobuz also which I prefer over Tidal.

Not bad for a beta. :sunglasses:

Just one negative fore me.

For the most part I use fixed to max volume and control from my DACs but for the KEF I use Audirvana’s slider.

I find It almost imposable to make fine level adjustments with the volco as is but maybe things will improve once the software control is added.

I’ve enjoyed the sound so much that I’ve purchased the licence.

Well done Damien :smiley:

A solid start.