Some library folders not being scanned

Hello. I am running Audirvana 3.1.7 (3127) within macOS Sierra 10.12.6. I noticed weeks(?) ago that some folders within a scanned folder on my networked NAS were not being scanned into my Audirvana library.

To be more specific, please see the attached screenshot for my Audirvana Preferences>Library settings.

For example, no subfolders are being scanned within this subdirectory:

smb://cookson_nas_1/Music_Stereo/Stone Temple Pilots/

and the longest filename path (possibly a problem?) within this subdirectory is:

smb://cookson_nas_1/Music_Stereo/Stone Temple Pilots/Core [25th Anniversary Super Deluxe Limited Edition Box Set]/3-6-Where the River Goes [Live at Castaic Lake Natural Amphitheater 07-02-1993] [Live 1993].flac

Another example is this subdirectory:

smb://cookson_nas_1/Music_Stereo/Cowboy Junkies/

and the longest filename path within this subdirectory is:

smb://cookson_nas_1/Music_Stereo/Cowboy Junkies/Whites off Earth Now!! [Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab Remastered Hybrid SACD] [Stereo PCM]/1-6-I’ll Never Get Out of These Blues Alive.flac

I have no idea why some subdirectories are not being scanned. I have multiple album folders within each of these artist folders, and none of them are being scanned. Could it be filepath length related? Could it be the "!"s in the second example? How can I go about troubleshooting this issue?

I should note that I have removed and re-added the scanned directories shown in the screenshot, and this hasn’t helped. It only erases the Favorites that I have selected (which was painful).

Thank you,

Scott
Screenshot 2017-11-12 09.26.52.png
Screenshot 2017-11-12 09.26.52.png

For what it’s worth, this problem seems to be occurring for artist subdirectories into which I add new album subdirectories.

I’m out of ideas. Does anyone have a troubleshooting strategy? Thanks in advance!

Several people have had problems with Audirvana’s library with albums not seen, or sometimes individual tracks on an album not seen. It seems it may be a metadata problem, but fixing it is not necessarily straightforward, and when you have a lot of albums even the thought of trying to fix is soul destroying. One problem I have is even remembering what albums I have that A+ can’t see.

This is one reason why people have repeatedly requested Damien to implement an ability to browse and search by file name and file structure - some people call it folder view. Once or twice in the early days he appeared to recognise the problem we have been describing, and he suggested either that we fix our metadata (easier said than done, and a major time commitment), or use a work-around (using a browser to copy and paste files into Audirvana’s play list - but that is not on for non-tech-savvy people like my wife, especially using a virtual desktop to control the Mac). Unfortunately it seems he has no interest in solving the problem, whether simply unable to work out how to do it, or perhaps can’t be bothered because it is a minority problem not affecting everyone. See the separate thread on this.