Some tipps for you -- maybe :)

Redline Monitor seems to model itself on the SPL Phonitor X HPA…

ah! :slight_smile:

The Waves NX surround plug-ins are really well done, this includes Abbey Road Studio 3, and a couple of other studio virtualizations for mixing and monitoring of surround stuff… I haven’t spent much time with the new Logic Pro X Atmos production tools… Abbey Road Studio 3 can be used to monitor 7.1 surround in phones and with their head-tracking device or other compatible head-tracking devices…

1 Like

Its a nice little plugin :slight_smile: Not so overloaded like that studio simulations. did use on the trial your settings. maybe using -1db at center…not sure so far… did use it after sonarworks reference for headphones (using hd800 and hdvd800). switching sonarorks to target “NS11”. Some Yamaha speakers. They are not allowed anymore to use the real names. Sounds nice to me! ++ Anyway considering Goodhertz Can Opener too. It is just a crossfeed and a bit more parameters to play :sweat_smile: but not too much again. just a quick nice plug-in with great sound imo. CanOpener Studio — by Goodhertz, Inc. +++ both are same price…will play further with both…

(+++
Adele´s voice has more details with db112 imo. Switched Sonarworks Headphone to B&K 1974 speaker target…will have to listen to some albums… )

Well, tried to do the intended way. Come up with a set of plugins and their presets in a DAW and moving that afterwards to Audirvana. Hm, if I am not wrong, it sounds different. So, was looking if I can exchange the core driver to e.g. Asio as output from the DAW. Seems that e.g. Asio is not possible anymore with the new Mac OSes as you can not install kexts anymore. However, if you use certain Hardware (e.g. Yamaha Steinberg there seem still to be ways possible?Also ProTools has stuff…) Hm, getting more complicated than originally thought. This thread here from 2020 might be interesting in this context… Direct Mode - what's the reality? - #7 by MediumRare

Did install now Jussi´s latest HQPlayer 4 as trial. Using direct streaming from Qobuz to HQ Player…This was in version 3 not possible. Well, try your self. Topic closed here from my side. Thank you anyway for the tipps and the finally nice disussion :slight_smile:

You will always run into the problem of matching some physical room/speaker monitor system you are familiar with, when employing a ‘virtualization’ plug-in… this is generally not a problem in the production process… I choose to work in Abbey Road Studio 3 virtualization as my production environment…

The advantage of Redline Monitor for critical listening of master-quality recordings in concert with Audirvana Studio, is the room virtualization can be disabled by setting the distance control to zero (0), this is the high-resolution setting of the plug-in with zero room virtualization influence on the auditioned playback…

yes, they describe at the tooltipp…however for me loving to play and mess around Goodhertz open can is really nice fun :slight_smile: did you try hqplayer so far? check the trial… did listen to your cd tipp. upsampled via pcm with hqplayer. did sound great to my ears :slight_smile:

I am very satisfied with Audirvana Studio… It’s all subjective… :sunglasses:

yes, it is :slight_smile: audirvana is nice, i like it. but when talking “audiophile”… :wink: thank you anyway :slight_smile:

The term “Bit Perfect” is a subjective assessment filled with biases unless the input and output data can be compared… It’s a given when DSP is employed, bits are added to the signal… :wink:

hihi, i am not really going bit perfect anyway. just for comparisions. i like to play :hugs:

Got it :+1:

as you are a mastering engineer, you know how much fun it is. that was the reason why i i did cancel the Tidal MQA stuff. It requires bit perfect so that the DACs can do the further unfolding of the MQA…May Tidal be happy with MQA…

I’m going to leave you here and move on… have fun experimenting…. it is the source of innovation…
There exists an ongoing debate regarding MQA as a lossless transport… I’m not in the MQA camp personally… You may find this interesting:

well, do not like the MQA ecosystem anymore. just got me HQ Player upgrade…arrrrggg another 200.-, not funny. honestly. so, will not extend the Audirvana trial. Although I like it. Great sound and nice control UI via iPHone, iPad, etc. :slight_smile: Like it more than Roon.

Well, I am doing music just as hobbyist. Everything by trial and error :slight_smile: The Abbey Road “stuff” is interestiing. Myself using a lot from Swedish Softube. Like the sound of their plugins and Console 1 is nice too as controller imo :slight_smile:

In case you like to integrate Audirvana with HQ Player? Using mentioned Blackhole virtual cable: HQ Player - Page 793 - Software - Audiophile Style

Meanwhile there are better options for integration with HQP. Do some research on the web and you are set.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.