Songs cut off before end

No. But then I set settings to the same as I used on the Air. Once I had set up Audirvana on the Macbook Pro I got the prompt to install the update to 1.8.5 and did so. Unfortunately I clean installed the Air and gave it to my daughter so I can not see if 1.8.5 is still good on the Air. At least I now know it is only when using UPnP to the KEF LS 50 wireless 2 speakers. I can use Airplay to stream to them and no songs cut off. Also a USB connection to DAC and headphones works fine with no cut off. As was the case prior to 1.7.2 with the M1 Air. UPnP on the KEF is nice as it runs at 24/192 kHz compared to the lower resolution airplay protocol but it is not a significant problem. Serious listening is done via a USB DAC to my Focal headphones or Shure KSE 1500 electrostats. The KEF’s are in the lounge so have to compete with air conditioning! (I am currently in Malaysia).

Hey I am on Windows 10 Home(latest update) & I have had 3.5 & now the amazing Audirvana Studio(latest update) & I can honestly say I never heard or experienced this issue.

This issue has been solved for me too (10 LTSC). But this doesn’t help @Djm1960

Have you tried to reset the network connection of your KEF?

Hi Antoine,

I just reset the KEF speakers, reconnected them using KEF connect to my wifi. I then played a track that cuts off before then end, Coldplay - Heart from the Coloratura album.
Watching the time remaining in Audirvana progress bar it counts down to 4 seconds then cuts off and switches to the next track in the queue When I set the sound output on Macbook Pro to the KEF speakers and then select Apple Airplay device in Audirvana the seconds remaining counts down to the end of the track correctly and then changes to the next track. Also re-set my wifi 6 mesh system and checked all settings. All OK, problem of track cut off still exists but only on UPnP.

Regards

When the song cutts off, does the remaining of the song is played when it goes to the next song or not?

No at the 4 seconds the song is cut off and it switches to the next track. It does not occur with all tracks though - I would say 20% of the tracks in my local library. The next song in the queue may play to the end normally.

For instance just played 5 tracks in a play queue. First one Coldplay Heart cuts off at 4 seconds. Killers Mr Brightside then played to the end, The Blue Nile Family Life then cut off at 7 seconds. The Blue Nile Sentimental Man then played to the end. The Killers Human played to the end. The 1975 I Like America then cut off at 6 seconds. The tracks that cut off always cut off.

None of the songs cut-off when playing over Airplay. All successfully play to the end.

All the tracks in my Library are purchased from Qobuz (80%) and HD Tracks (20%). All are ALAC and range from 16/44.1 to 24/192 kHz

Audirvana settings are Sys Optimiser on, Buffer is set to 6GB, no upsampling, no signal processing, no volume levelling (same settings that I had on the M1 Macbook Air prior to switching to the M1 Max Macbook Pro and installing 1.8.5.

Hope this helps your diagnosis. As stated previously Airplay to the KEF is fine so not a game stopper for me.

Further data on my song cut off issue over UPnP to KEF LS50 Wireless II.

It appears I can solve the problem of track cut off by turning on upsampling and setting it to “device maximum frequency” which in the case of the KEF LS50 wireless II’s is 24/192 over UPnP.

All of the tracks that cut off noted in my previous post now play successfully to the end of the track. A better brain than mine might be able to explain why that could happen but it works so all is good.

My system is now cutting out half way through a song 100% of the time for stored songs. No problem with streaming. Mac OS 10.13.6 Whats the problem with such an elementary bug?

This also happens on the previous Audirvana+, there’s no way to fix this except no upsampling to DSD and no upsampling at all. I am using USB connected Mac Mini to a PS Audio DSD player.
Native DSD files play just fine.
The bug is with the upsampling.
If you could juts provide an option to add “silence” to upsampled tracks I suspect it would solve this, but ofcourse this will break gapless playback. Still better than the current situation.