Sound misses precision in mid range frequency

Hi,

now that the remote app is available I did an intensive test of Audirvana Studio.
I have directly compared the sound quality between Audirvana Studio and Audirvana. The latter one wins about Studio, because the mid range is much more present and fits better to my setup (B&W CM8S2 and Rote RSP-1576). Audirvana Studio lacks a lot of room information which sounds pretty poor. Maybe this is related to my individual setup (preamp/speakers/room), but the result is that I’ll stay with Audirvana as long as it will be supported or until Studio will give better sound. If Audirvana stops being supported for macOS anymore it’s maybe time then for a dedicated player.

Cheers,
Stefan

2 Likes

BTW, I’m using MacBook Air with latest macOS Big Sur.

I would agree about the mid range.
Though starting with AS1.5 it became a lot better.

Hi,

I just gave it another try, but still the same issue with 1.5.7 over Audirvana. The higher frequency is too over accentuated, with gives a first impression of more room information, but after some seconds of listening the missing of the mid range frequency is really annoying. So is there a plan to go back to the better sound quality provided by Audirvana?

Cheers,
Stefan

1 Like