Sound quality issues comparing to Sound Forge 11

Dear Audiorvana Team,

I am a huge fan of your software, and a proud payed member. However I was hugely disappointed yesterday when did a blind listening test at my friend’s listening room: it was 100% clear that Audiorvana sound quality was way behind Sony Sound Forge 11 when using same audio file: there was not enough silence between sound waves, not enough microdinamics so instruments didn’t sound live, focus of a scene was not clear enough, and it was not possible to follow emotions of the artist. Even Roon was better.

To make it clear this was an audiophile setup cost around $350k, with mono blocks amplifers and $20k DAC. As a source station we used windows 10 audiophile computer. We used the latest version of Audiorvana.

Could you please recommend how to make your software work?

Is there anyone who will help me from audiorvana team? I am a customer who payed and I want support

If you think the other softwares are sounding superior to Audirvana then go for them.

Matt

Hello @alexandr_a,

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Sound Forge is a different beast. Was Audirvana installed on the same machine as Sound Forge?

Ultimately it comes down to personal taste and the scale of your system. Do you also have 350K system? Have your friend bring his machine to your place or try yourself if there is a trial version of Sound Forge. You may get different results at your place.

You can try upsampling to see if that suits you better.

yep, sure

nope, it was my client’s system and he didn’t like the result

I do prether to find out if there was a problem in installation ore something. I personally liked audiorvana before I heared it in propper setup. I am expecting for recommendations to make it sound better.

We can make some recommendation but we would need the debug info when the audio system is selected in the audio output of Audirvana.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.