Start playing a title and editing playback list

Hi,

when start playing a title all the tracks behind that are also pushed onto the playback list. This behavior is not pretty smart, because if I’d like to put additional tracks behind the first one, I have to prune the playlist first. This is not well implemented in Audirvana, because many additional clicks are necessary to get there. A better way would be to add an additional function calling Start From Here were all following tracks are added, so that starting one track really starts just this track and nothing else. Also I’d like to have easier access to the playback list and don’t understand why I have to press an additional button to move or delete entries there. Other players have a better implementation of such things.

Hello @stefpeter, have you take a look at the option you have in the preference section of the Remote?
The action by default on the Remote is to play and replace the playlist, if you change this setting the track will be added to the play queue and no other tracks will be added.

Hi Damien,

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I know about this setting, but I think that this solution is not optimal. When I start hearing music I typically like to start with an empty play queue. For this I’d expect when selecting “Play now and clear play queue” (I don’t know the right English term, because I use German) that this title would just clear the queue and will start playing, as the description says. Then just adding next tracks to the queue is exactly what you proposed. But unfortunately the complete tracks of the album after that track will be added. Then I have to open the play-queue dialog, open the list view, start editing, and press “Prune Queue”. I think it would be great, if “Play now and clear play queue” would do exactly what it says. If I like to start from a track position in an album, a new entry “Play from here” would do the job. I’d also think that the title of “Play now and clear play queue” is too long, “Play now” would be sufficient.

Another improvement in my opinion would be to have a more instant possibility to edit the current play queue without having that three steps (Open play queue, Open List, Start Editing). This is annoying when you just want to change the order of the tracks.

I hope I have explained my points in an understandable manner, because I’m not a native speaker.
Overall I really like Audirvana but there is still some room for improvement.

Cheers,

Stefan.

1 Like

Hi Damien,

Another point came in my mind. It would be great to have also an overview about the already played tracks, and starting a new play queue would start after the last track and the already played tracks are displayed with a different color. If instant editing would be possible, then moving a track from the past tracks into the current play queue would be an easy job.

Cheers,

Stefan.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.