Streaming from Audirvana to Canton Smart A45 (or Smart Connect 5.1)

I’m interested in Audirvana but I don’t know how to stream from Audirvana to my loudspeakers.

I have active loudspeakers Canton Smart A45 and a Canton Smart Connect. So I have nearly all kinds of inputs. But the computer (Mac mini) with Audirvana is not near placed to the loudspeakers. So it is not possible to use the USB Out of the computer. It’s only possible to use a network connection.

The Canton Smart Connect 5.1 offers Airplay 2 and Chromecast built in. Does Audirvana support the audio output via Airplay 2 or to a chromecast device?

With Roon I can use Airplay and Chromecast. But what’s with Audirvana?

Hi,

I am working on the same ussue. According to Canton the Smart Connect is UPnP compatible.

Smart Connect 5.1 Spefications

I am waiting for the remote for the Canton Smart Connect 5.1 V2. (I find it ridiculous that it does not come with the unit and has to be purchased extra. None of the reviews mentioned this.)

Will report after further testing.
Richard

If you have a Mac, you’re all set with Airplay. You’ll need a third party tool if you’re on the PC.

Smart Connect 5.1 V.2 is recognized by Audirvana 3.5.51 as an UPnP player over an ethernet connection and is playing from Tidal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.