SysOptimizer

This is not an issue only with 3.5.8, but was present with 3.2.
SysOptimizer crashes with regularity. I have to turn my computer off and on to reset it.

Anyone had similar? Know of a fix?

I’ve put up with it for long time now, and was one of the main reasons I persevered with 3.5, hoping it would be fixed.

But alas.

You can try deleting his preferences file:

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Close A+:

Go to the Main Library Folder… PrivilegedHelperTools folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)

Go to the Main Library Folder… LaunchDaemons Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart Mac, Restart Audirvana.
It will ask to install Sys Opt when starting first song…

Hope it helps.

Sorry, just realized that pasting here, you don’t need to do the Home Folder thing for your bug,
but it’s always good to know anyway :slight_smile:

The main Library is not in your Home Folder but the first seen when you open your Hard Disc.
Again if you can’t see your Hard Disc on the desktop, click anywhere in the finder to see it appear in the menu bar and click it the see preferences of the Finder and check Hard Discs there :slight_smile:

Thanks, will try.

Ok, so, that didn’t work. SysOpt crashed again… This has been a regular occurence from beginning of use of Audirvana.

Any other ideas.

So, just realised I have auto update running. which requires to restart computer sto install correctly, so I believe.
Sysopt working again… will turn off auto update and see if it continues to work.

Ok, so…
Nothing changed on my laptop… SysOpt stopped working yet again.
Surely a glitch in Audirvana?

Can we at least make sure Sysoptimizer doesn’t “stop the world” when it’s not working? I’d much rather have a notification saying there was a problem but let the playback continue.

I’m using Audirvana with the remote iOS app and every once in a while playback won’t work, I would then have to VNC to my Mac Mini to realize that playback isn’t working because of that sysoptimizer popup. The remote iOS app doesn’t know this is why playback fails.

Thanks!