The new Studio version has rendered my computers unusable!

I have been an Audirvana user and owner(via licenses updated when available) for many years. It IS the Only Sonic option for me. I was never even aware that there was a 3.5 option available. I frequently and consistently checked for software updates from within my current 3.22 version Audirvana, I was always informed that I was/am Up To Date. I now realize that Audirvana no longer supports my 3.22 license.
I cannot find my 3.22 .license key, It is NOT displayed within the “About” section.

However, I am more than willing to upgrade to the new Studio version. Even though I despise annual fees, Audirvana is worth it. Unfortunately my trusted Mac Mini is six years old and WILL NOT work with Studio. Then there is my 3 year old 4K HP Laptop with Windows 10 , 64 bit i7. I tried to order and place Studio on this unit, but was informed that my Windows 10 is NOT capable of this software???. Not the latest version Windows 10. So I only have my New high end ThinkPad Laptop that will even load and work with Your only available product, and this computer cannot be relegated to my Audio Setup.

I only need Audiovana’s player software version that is sonically at good as my current 3.22 version, and I am assuming that a simpler version will still function with my Mac-Mini and 3 year old Windows HP LapTop? I am almost sickened by what has happened here. My trusted and only music player, Audirvana has gotten to complicated for my Mac-Mini and my three year old HP to operate.

In closing: I am and always have been your products’ biggest fan, but now I cannot even use it (and I really want to) Plus there appears to be no more supports for my current version.

I welcome ANY advice concerning this dilemma.

Lance A

Studio works great on my MacMini late 2012 with 10.15.7, must surely work with a 6 years old Mac…

Is your Mac-Mini 64 bit? Mine is not. Thanks a bunch for your help.

Lance

What is the year of the mac and system you work on? Apple icon about this mac

Not trying to be snarky, but surely if it’s a 32 bit processor then it’s rather more than 6 years old? I believe they’ve all been 64 bit since 2011.

Jim,

I am considering this rout so that I can at least run in my new dac for a month or so without taking over my system. However, every time that I have performed a Windows version update on one of my Laptops, I takes weeks (or never!) to correct the “F” ups that happen during this process. One example; it took three weeks and many phone calls to HP to restore my laptops ability to adjust the screen brightness. But your advice is probably the only thing that I can do.

Lance

Not snarky at all and absolutely right. My son gave me this Mac-Mini 6 years ago, but my wife reminded me that he had had it for a bit before he gave it to me. As a matter of fact, I am assuming that it is 32 bit as I am sitting here now going through it’s system information and cannot locate 64 or 32 bits. current system version OSX 10.10.5 (14F2511). Kernel Version 14.5.0 OSX Yosemite, Processor 2.7 GHS Intel Core 2 Duo. 8 gb of DDR3 ram.

I currently have Audirvana 3.22. Is their Studio Classic version sonically as good and might it still function under my current Mac-Mimi’s capabilities?

Thanks again,

Lance

Core 2 Duo is a 64-bit processor.

Just download studio, you can have to 2 together without them touching each other. BUT your OS is too old, you will need to install high sierra… but then i cant remember if 3.2 audirvana will run on HS…

Maybe best is partitionning your hard drive with 2 system apart

Update your MacOS to High Sierra (10.13) and you can run AS on your Mac.

Matt

Hi Lance

I can’t explain why your 3.22 did not alert you to updates.

Send your details to support@audirvana.com and they will advise how to get your current key.

V3.2 is old and was superseded by V3.5. These are different versions and V3.2 stopped getting updates when 3.5 came out. I’m running Studio flawlessly on a 2009 MacBook Pro with Catalina installed. A few details of your MacMini will help with getting the right Os for you to be able to run Studio.

Hmm 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU in the Mac Mini. That means either a 2009 or a 2010 Mini according to https://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/maximum-macos-supported.htmlhttps://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/maximum-macos-supported.html

Can you check which one you have? Because if it’s a 2009 version then you’ll be out of luck as that one is supported up to 10.11 El Capitan. If it’s a 2010 version then it should work cause that one is supported up to 10.13 High Sierra.

You can check which one you have by clicking on the Apple icon in the top menu bar, and then select About this Mac. It should tell you which version of the Mac Mini you have.

For example, this is what my Mac shows up as. A 2017 MacBook Air.

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-17 om 06.35.19

Gonzbull claims to be running 10.15 Catalina on his 2009 MacBook Pro. That can only mean that he using a patched/hacked macOS, because Apple never supported that. I have no experience in that area.

If you have a 2010 Mini then you should be able to upgrade macOS to 10.13 High Sierra, and Audirvana Studio should install since 10.13 is listed as the minimum macOS version required by it.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.