Tidal/MCA

Tidal has increased its price for Hi-Fi/Masters to £25.99 in the UK, so probably also for the rest of the world.
This may be for new customers only, but who didn’t see this coming?
Spotify recently asked customers if they’d pay more (eg £15.99) for higher quality sound, so there’s an opportunity for them to take advantage of Tidal’s greed.

It would appear that this increase is for iOS devices only, although I can’t understand the two tier pricing for lossless music.

Just paid my subscription fee for this month and here in the US it was the same as it has been. Not sure what’s going on in the U.K. That would warrant the increase. Hopefully it won’t increase here in the states. Still a great deal for what you’re getting.

Here is an explanation of why Tidal is more through Apple IOS:

In the United States, a monthly subscription costs $9.99 for the standard “premium” service, or $19.99 for the lossless quality high fidelity (“HiFi”) service, when subscribed through the Tidal website. Subscriptions cost 30% more ($12.99/$25.99) when subscribed directly through the iOS app due to Apple App Store fees.

So that explains it. It’s Apple being greedy, not Tidal. I eventually reactivated my subscription via my MacMini.
I’m surprised this hasn’t been picked up before.

What Hi-Fi is reporting that Spotify is randomly canvasing subscribers for feedback re lossless streaming at price increases of between $5 & $10.
They asked me appx ten weeks ago & I gave them a big “yes I would.” I’m back on Tidal right now, and unimpressed with MQA Masters, even with Explorer2 installed, so am watching this with interest.