TIDAL MQA via Audirvana (win10) with DAC without MQA decode

Dear all
My DAC with twin ES9038pro doesn’t have an MQA hardware decode.
If I play via Audirivana (win10) the TIDAL HD MQA file is it possible to listen to the files in HD mode? (e.g. 96, 176Khz 24 bit)
Does Audirvana decode MQA files without changing the sampling rate when the DAC doesn’t support MQA decoding?
Thanks,
demiurge30
GREECE

Hello @demiurge30 ,

Audirvāna Studio integrates the MQA Core Decoder that performs the first unfolding (up to 88.2 or 96kHz) to benefit from the high resolution of the MQA audio files even without an MQA audio device. By MQA decision, the second unfolding (to 176.4 or 192kHz) can be performed only in a MQA renderer/decoder DAC.

Non MQA capable audio devices can benefit from the high resolution (doubled sample rate compared to the encoded file one) thanks to the MQA decoder integrated in Audirvāna Studio.
In this case, Audirvana brings, in addition to the general Sound Quality improvement, the decoding of the MQA file that would be played only at little above CD quality otherwise, losing all its high resolution benefits. Note that decoding the signal beyond twice the sampling rate of the encoded file (for the few rare recordings actually made above 96kHz) can only be done in a DAC MQA.

You then need to leave “Not MQA decoder” for your DAC in the Audio Settings, so that Audirvana performs the MQA decoding.

If you have a DAC that is “MQA decoder” then, you can select MQA decoder. That means that no audio processing done in Audirvana, as the DAC is doing all of the MQA decoding.
If you have a DAC that is “MQA renderer” then, you can select MQA renderer. That means MQA first unfolding done in Audirvana, and no other audio processing as the DAC is doing the other unfolding

The Blue color means that the file is “Studio authenticated”.
The Green color is for other MQA audio file.

Thanks, Antoine for your prompt response.
If Audirivana can encode MQA files in between 88.2-96Khz I think no human ear can recognize the different files with more resolution more than 96Khz.