TIDAL Playback Error

I received an email from Audirvana Support:

You have previously contacted us regarding a connection problem with Tidal in Audirvana. We recently did an update of Audirvana, Audirvana 3.5.41, which will allow us to better understand where the source of this problem is, have you done the last update? Is the Tidal disconnection problem still present in your system? If so, please do not hesitate to contact us again with the operating system you are using so that we can give you the procedure to find this information and send it to us.

I am using the latest version, and I am getting TIDAL errors. I am using a different PC than when I first logged TIDAL errors a few months back.

I have quite a few errors that look like this:

2020-10-25 17:40:18,851 [42] DEBUG Audirvana.App - Tidal getTrackFileUrl error: 401

… followed by this error:

2020-10-25 17:45:59,201 [1] DEBUG Audirvana.App - Unable to stop audio client: -2004287487

I am running a pretty-much brand new (2 weeks old) Windows 10 PC, with an Intel i9-10850K processor, 32Gb RAM, and a Samsung EVO 970 Plus NVMe M.2 SSD. Connected to the internet via ethernet cable, and was playing an online game at the time (the internet never disconnected).

Any ideas?

I restarted Audirvana, and I then received the dialogue box message “Error Logging To TIDAL”. The log file has the following in it:

2020-10-25 18:06:04,949 [4] DEBUG Audirvana.App - Tidal Link: Login connection error: 401

And now, TIDAL is no longer in the CONNECTED section of the treeview in the main Audirvana window.

Hello @Framgeld,

The fact that you get an error 401 is good but not enough and we will need to make a specific built to be able to have the entire error message (on Windows 10 you will have to uninstall and reinstall Audirvana) . We will make sure to come back to people who have the issue as soon as possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Antoine. When the new build is available, I will give it a whirl for you. :slight_smile:

I don’t know much about your infrastructure, but is it a possibility that the URL that you are connecting to isn’t using “sticky sessions”, so when you connect to a URL at the startup of Audirvana and authenticate, it is somehow switching you to a mirror web server where I you are no longer authenticated?

Actually the authentication with Tidal is token related, the error you have in 401 is probably due to the refresh of the token that is not properly handled. The problem is the error 401 can also give a different message, this is why we need to make the message next to the error appearing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.