Tracks in album arbitrarily displayed as being on separate "Discs"

Studio v2.7.0; Windows 10

Recently I have noticed that tracks in my local albums are being arbitrarily and randomly split into multiple discs.

So, for example, tracks 1, 3, 4 and 5 appear under a “Disc #1” heading, and track 2 appears beneath that list under a “Disc #2” heading. All these albums were digitally downloaded (were not ripped in the first place), and were not divided into discs when I first scanned them into the library and played them.

I have checked the tags for the files in the relevant albums and none of them have a “Disc” (or Disc number) tag.

I have tried running all the database optimization options in settings, but to no avail. This is happening to multiple local albums. It means I can’t listen to an album from start to finish, because random songs have been shunted to a different disc.

Here’s an example:

EDIT: Although ppl have already replied to say “edit the tags”, I am editing here to update that the track division into discs is not the only error occuring here. There is no Nina Simone credit on the Tidal version of this album, and yet Studio seems to think there is on my local version.

I have seen this happen a couple of times in the past. I just use the meta data editor and set each track to disc 1 of 1. This solves the problem.

I see this a few times with albums purchased from Qobuz. It has got to the point where before adding an album to my local library I edit the metadata with MetaDatics app before adding to my local library and always set to disc 1 of 1

1 Like

Although it’s only a workaround, I have handled this by adjusting metadata via dPoweramp. A bit of a hassle, but it worked.
Ofcourse I would also prefer Audirvãna to do it right at once, but something in the data is interfering.

1 Like

Have to try that one again, didn’t work for me earlier. So I chose to adjust through dPoweramp

It seems to me metadata from Qobuz suffers from inconsistencies in input which seems to confuse AS. Depends on the mood of the operator inputting the data I think.

To be quite honest I think I edit outside of AS when correcting this error. Memory is not what it used to be! Strange that this splitting of discs seems to occur after a rescan sometimes so it may be an error in the sync?

I have Music Brainz set too off. Found that it is best to edit meta data myself and not rely on the music app. Had the same issue when I used the competitors software and just used the data I had in the file.

That’s what I tried to do. I open the filetags in an editor and look for a Disc# tag, but it is always blank. As I said in my original post, none of these files even have a Disc tag in their metadata, and yet they are being divided into discs in Studio.

(I check the metadata in Explorer by selecting to show all relevant tags.)

OK. If I have to, I will do this. Thanks for the tip.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. I think it was Music Brainz. I haven’t run the scan for months, but set it going the other day, and come to think of it the strange disc divisions have started since then. I will make sure it is switched off.

Also, I downloaded mp3tag and edited the Disc tag to “1” for every file in the album and that fixed that problem.

Still got to work out how Nina Simone got herself credited on the Lady Blackbird album though - again, must be Music Brainz…

I’ve had this issue as well since starting to use Audirvana a few days ago. I found that the cause was due to the data imported from Apple Music. I’ve solved this by editing affected albums in AM. “get info” on the album on AM and make sure the album is marked disk 1 of 1. Within seconds of doing this in AM, it’s reflected in Audirvana.