Unable to connect after upgrading to macOS 10.15.6

I was able to connect Audirvana Remote to my Mac before upgrading to Catalina 10.15.6, but now cannot.

Any ideas? I’m running Audirvana 3.5.38 (3568) and Remote 2.3.

Hello @NoneIsTheNumber, have you check your firewall settings? In System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options > Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections check that this setting is selected and “Block all incoming connections” is not selected.

The macOS firewall is disabled.

The remote app worked fine previously, but stopped working after installing the latest Catalina 10.15.6 update.

I tried Audirvana Remote on another phone and it connected to my Mac.

I think the issue may be related to both my Mac and original iPhone being connected to the same Eero wifi unit. After moving to another room, and connecting my original iPhone to a different Eero wifi unit, Audirvana Remote worked as expected.

I’ll contact the Eero support to see if there is a setting that will allow my Mac and iPhone to work on the same Eero wifi unit. I do have Eero’s HomeKit enabled, which might be contributing to the problem.

Anyway… my solution was to make sure my Mac and iPhone were connected to different Eero wifi units.

I haven’t permanently resolved this issue because I’m not 100% clear what Audirvana Remote is doing to connect to my Mac.

1. does Audirvana Remote use Bonjour to locate the macOS Audirvana?

2. does Audirvana Remote use Bonjour every time it’s launched to reconnect to known macOS Audirvana hosts?

3. would it be possible to proceed static IP addresses for the macOS Audirvana host so that my Audirvana Remote can reconnect w/o scanning the network?

There’s no issue with ports or a firewall (none is running) on my macOS host. I just seem to be facing some issue related to my wifi router (eero) that prevents Remote from connecting to Audirvana if they’re both connected to the same wifi unit. Moving my iPhone to another wifi unit allows Remote to connect, as expected.

Just wondering how Remote initially “finds” the Audirvana macOS host and how it reconnects again to that host when launched in the future. This info might help eero support understand what part of their router config is preventing Remote from working as intended.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.