Upending the market - iTunes lossless and Studio

Today Apple have announced that all their music will be streamed losslessly at 24bit/48Hz or higher, up to 192Hz from June, at no extra cost to users. As this is above CD quality, and above the quality of much of what Qobuz currently streams as HD (CD quality 44Hz/ 16bit), I suggest it will impact them, Tidal and other services very significantly. An Apple Music sub is 9.99/month or 14.99 for families, so far cheaper than both Qobuz and Tidal

For Audirvana, I would suggest that the level of support that Studio currently offers for Apple Music will have a significant bearing on the success of the new platform - putting this kindly, there is an enormous amountof work to be done. Apple, Spotify, Deezer and Amazon need to be included among the streaming services as Tidal and Qobuz currently are.

Surely others, like me, wish to be able to use Audirvana to create a higher quality output from their Macs, while using Apple Music, Spotify or even Amazon HD?

Exciting and dangerous times…

PS Why does ‘Legacy mode’ still exist (and Crash)?

1 Like

In that case you should contact Apple, Spotify, Deezer and Amazon yourself, as a user, to ask them to allow Audirvana to do this, because the ball is not in Audirvana’s court in this regard.
Personally, I do not think that any of them will agree, since they are all notorious for keeping their stuff strictly to themselves.
Good luck, though.

You really should do your homework…

Blockquote
The API can be used with apps built with Swift, Android apps, and websites.
Blockquote

As far as I know, Audirvana is not built with Swift. This part related to Swift is new. Previously it was stating iOS. Since now Apple Silicon Macs can run iOS apps, it makes sense to extend the wording.

That’s good news anyway, it’s going in the right direction.

1 Like

Was that information available and public back on May 27th when I made my post above?

Available since the release of MacOS 11.2 - last June/ October for GP. Generally I’m too busy, but I was signing up for another dev program and remembered your post…

Ah, right, thank you for the info. It’s much appreciated.

Do you know if this means that Audirvana could easily implement Apple streaming into AS?
If so I’m surprised that they haven’t done so.
If not, then it’s pretty much irrelevant in the context of this thread, I guess.

I have no particular interest in this myself, since there’s no way I’m ever likely to use Apple, Amazon or Deezer for streaming, but it seems to be important to quite a number of the members here.

Thanks again.

They could - and I suggest they are going to have to…

It is only so long before the mass market will really realise how flawed MQA really is and Qobuz’s diabolical customer service will only be tolerated for so long - people will look for other sources of HQ music

1 Like