Version 1.3.6 - old problem still not resolved

the old and already mentioned problem is still present under version 1.3.6:

I have bought a new laptop, because the previous very often showed 100% CPU usage and were always experiencing interference in playback.
It is an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 with i7 8750 H-CPU, 16 gb RAM, 512gb SSD and in addition to the integrated Intel GPU UHD630 is a graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (laptop) built-in.
As long as the CPU is busy extrapolating “normal” CD data to DSD512, the playback on my T + A DAC 8 DSD is flawless.
But if the CPU is done with the calculation and shuts down to 1-3% and the playback takes place from the memory, this is greatly disturbed.
If I deactivate the Intel GPU now, everything runs perfectly.
Another device with the same equipment but without Nvidia GPU showed the same error.
Why is that?

Greetings.

Michael

Can you check in your power management settings (likely in the BIOS), if there is some hard CPU frequency reduction, or any other power management mechanism that could have this disturbing effect?
Looks like there is some interaction with the Intel GPU from your findings.
BTW, do you have the latest BIOS, drivers versions on your system?

Damien

I have turned off all energy-saving options and limited only the CPU power to 80%, so that the fan is not constantly running at full speed.
But even with 100% CPU power, the error is just like that.
The drivers are up to date, which is possible on this Acer laptop.
As already said several times, there were no problems with the version 1.2.11.
The current problems after 1.2.11 were already on the old laptop and the reason for the new purchase.

bonjour

Si votre PC n’est utilisé que pour la musique, essayer cela:

https://sites.google.com/site/musiqaudiophilefr/mon-pc-audiophile

cordialement

Thanks for the hint - I use fidelizer for system optimization.
I’ve already used that on the predecessor of my current laptop.
Also with this predecessor there are the same problems since version 1.3 as on the new model.
Up to DSD256 upsampling is not a problem - but only with DSD512 upsampling there are disturbances.

That was not the case with version 1.2.11 - DSD512-upsampling also ran without problems.
The cause must therefore lie in the newer versions of Audirvana.

Hello Damien,

when will this problem be solved - under 1.2.11 has it already worked ?!

Greetings.

Michael

Hello Damien,

again, the question of when to expect a new version that makes listening with DSD512 upsampling possible without interference - that’s why I bought Audirvana for Windows!
And I repeat again - the version 1.2.11 has shown that it is possible!

Greetings.

Michael

Deze all,
I have been using Fidelizer for several years.
Probably the Fidelizer program, is interfearing with Audirvana. Fidelizer use only one CPU treath for music and even the power of this treath will possible be limited nu the CPU sturing usage.
All DSD music files “128/256/512” takes a lot of cpu power to function and will be limited when the CPU is trottlet down. If your CPU is limiting during use of Fidelizer this probleem wil occur.
I realy think that this is hier the case. (Some Fidelizer version are better and some are worse, so its also depending on the Fidelizer version you are using.
Hopefully this answer is hellping to find and pinpoint the real probleem. Succes.

no - that’s wrong - you can also set fidelizer so that all cores except one are responsible for music playback only the one core for everything else!
And please read ALL what is in my post - with version 1.2.11 has worked perfectly!

Please do not spread false reports if you do not know exactly what you are writing !!

Please do not be angry, but I do not appreciate it at all, if only a partial aspect is used for an advice and then this aspect is also described incorrectly.
But I am always open to targeted advice.

Thanks and greetings

Michael

Nothing has happened here for weeks - why?
If this is so difficult, please give us the opportunity to go back to version 1.2.11.
This version has worked flawlessly at least for DSD512 upsampling.
Meanwhile I am very dissatisfied with Audirvana and the communication.

Greetings.

Michael

If I understand it correctly, there is only one developer for Audirvana, correct me if I’m wrong. I see it as he is experienced with coding for the MAC. Now with a Windows version, it appears the coder is a little raw in Windows coding. I’m not happy with what is happening on the Windows side. Messy and buggy is all I can say. Things like DSD upsampling, always was buggy for me, so much so that I don’t even bother with it anymore. And now there is a nasty crash bug when trying to view the play que. There are other annoyances too but I can’t be bothered mentioning. This software is way overpriced for the sloppy condition it is currently in. Sad.

whether Damien is developing alone is not relevant to me.
I have paid a lot of money for this software and expect it to work the way it should.
And that it can do it, was proven with the version 1.2.11, which concerns DSD512 Upsampling.
And if it does not do so, the corresponding message in the forum, and then over 5 weeks now no reaction takes place, which also includes a message from the developer that it is worked on and when to expect a working version.
At any rate, showing no reaction is not an appreciative way of dealing with customers.

Greetings.

Michael