First off, I am not sure if this is specifically exclusive to the Remote app or whether to the Origin application I am using.
Secondly, I have been using the Software Volume Control switched on, to eliminate static noises between tracks (I read on this forum that was a potential solution), but set at 0db (ie., the max).
What I get, and this is not permanently, only occasionally (but quite often), is:
volume slider on remote app and Origin desktop app switch to its minimum on track change (ie., silent), but the music still plays at full volume (which is what I want, so I ignored it)
sometimes, it seems at random, the volume is muted (on Remote app and Origin) without any interaction from me, the slider is also at its minimum position, and no music plays - well, it is playing but there is no volume.
This only happened since I started using the Audirvana Remote app (I am a big fan, it’s brilliant), and that is why I have posted this here. It never happened in the months of time that I was using the Origin desktop app only.
It’s to do with the audio volume level on the tablet I am using to run Audirvana Remote. In the app (desktop and remote) I may have the volume set to Max, but the tablet’s native audio volume level is usually set to 0 (minimum).
It seems that every now and again, the volume in Audirvana gets set to zero (or mute) to match the level of the volume of the tablet speaker output, if that makes sense…
I have fixed the problem by raising the tablet speaker volume (although obviously no sound comes out of the tablet speakers as the tablet is just being used as a remote control for the desktop app).
Just to clarify one point in my original post: the volume buttons on my tablet can be used to control the volume in the Audirvana Remote app (I had not realized this until today). I usually have the tablet speaker volume set to 0%, and when I first fire up the Audirvana Remote app its volume level is set to max (like the desktop). At some point, Audirvana Remote seems to “realize” that my tablet volume is set to 0/mute, and sets Audirvana’s output volume level to 0/mute as well. It happens randomly sometimes after just playing for a few songs, sometimes after longer periods of time.
As I said, the problem is solved by raising the speaker volume level on the tablet when running Audirvana Remote.