Volume change problem [only in Integrated Mode] [from keyboard] after 2.2.6 or 2.2.7 update

Hi, I am a very happy owner of Audirvana Origin on Mac.

I think since the last update, I have a problem: In integrated mode, when I’m on apple music I can’t change the volume with the keyboard, I have to go to audirvana to change it.
I seem to have read that with the latest updates some changes have been made in this aspect, is it possible?

[Media keys: give control to 3rd party apps (e.g. Teams, Zoom, Music, FaceTime) when actively used (frontmost)]

Can I fix this?
In which way?

Thank you Antoine for your valuable work

Grazie Mille!

Hi @michelmerl,

I tried to reproduce your behavior but I couldn’t, do you have this issue when you try to play to your Mac speakers?

Hi Antoine, I use a dac and active monitors speakers.

The problem is very simple, in integrated mode, before I could change the volume of Audirvana from any app, but now when I select Audirvana I change the volume normally, when I switch to the Music app and try to change the volume from there it doesn’t work, as if the system prioritizes the Music app volume instead of working together with Audirvana.
If I go back to Audirvana the volume change clearly works.

Clearly, the operation prior to the update was more comfortable in Integrated Mode, because if I change the volume on the Music app I would like it to be linked to Audirvana, since it controls playback.

The thing that makes it clear that the volume is no longer synchronized between the Music app and audirvana is that in the Music app the volume change logo appears on the screen when I try to change it, at that moment the Music app is changing the volume of the audio device selected as audio output from the mac sound settings and not the audirvana volume.

While I listen in integrated mode with the Music app, the behavior gets complicated if I use other software.
For example if I use chrome: I use Audirvana and I change the volume, then I go to chrome or desktop, the volume change still works.
On the other hand, if I switch from Audirvana to the Music app and then go to chrome or desktop the volume change does not work, it starts working again when I go back to Audirvana.

Sorry I used too many words to describe a very simple problem, I hope I was clear.

Thank you

Michele

this is what happens.
Of course I don’t have any audio output devices selected on the mac audio settings.

Before the update what happened was simply that wherever I was on my mac whenever I pressed the volume keys on the keyboard, the audirvana knob would spin and no volume symbol, as in the picture, would come out.

That’s strange, I have those options enabled:

And I can totally change the volume in Music without an issue in Integrated mode. Are you using a M1 or M2 Mac or a more older version?

I’m on a Intel with Monterey 12.6.3

CleanShot 2023-03-30 at 00.13.58@2x

Yes this is very strange, in case you find an answer do not hesitate to write me.

Grazie Mille