VST Plugins Equalizer Problems in Translation

Hallo,
ich hatte mich so darauf gefreut Audirvana Studio einzusetzen. Vor allem wegen der integrierten Lösung mir Qobuz. Leider werde ich Audirvana nicht einsetzen. Da ich von den VST Plugins enttäuscht bin. Wenn ich bestimmte Frequenzen im Baßbereich um 2 dB anhebe erfolgen beim Abspielen von Tracks erhebliche Störgeräusche. Diese kann man nur beheben wenn man die Ausgangslautstärke entweder um 2db im Equalizer absenkt oder man senkt alternativ die Lautstärke in Audirvana um 2,5 dB. Mit beiden Möglichkeiten konterkariert man den jeweiligen Equalizer . Der gewünschte Effekt der Anhebung ist dann nicht mehr vorhanden. Ich würde mir Wünschen, dass Audirvana einen eignen Equalizer in ihrem Programm integriert. Ich werde es nicht kaufen wenn es keine Lösung gibt.
Jörg Steffan
Equalizer:
VoxengoGEQ
MEqualizer
RRSEQ302
Hello,
I was so looking forward to using Audirvana Studio. Especially because of the integrated solution with Qobuz. Unfortunately, I will not be using Audirvana. I am disappointed with the VST plugins. If I raise certain frequencies in the bass range by 2 dB, there is considerable noise when playing tracks. This can only be remedied by either lowering the output volume by 2db in the equaliser or, alternatively, by lowering the volume in Audirvana by 2.5 dB. Both options counteract the respective equaliser. The desired effect of the increase is then no longer present. I would like to see Audirvana integrate its own equaliser into its programme. I will not buy it if there is no solution.
Jörg Steffan
Equaliser:
VoxengoGEQ
MEqualizer
RRSEQ302

1 Like

This is how all equalisers work.
In fact this is how equalisers have always worked, whether Analogue or Digital.
If you increase the level of any frequencies (but particularly lower frequencies) then you must reduce the output of the equaliser so as not to overload the signal path downstream.
This is the reason that equalisers have level reduction controls in their output stages.
Doing this does not " counteract the respective equaliser" - unless you have also engaged the equaliser’s bypass switch.

3 Likes

Hallo,
Where do I find the bypass switch in the equalizer? Sorry, I am not an IT nerd.

Best regards
Jörg Steffan

It would be depend on the EQ. To solve your problem, you need to lower the overall gain in the EQ. This will allow your volume control to go to max without clipping again. Start with an overall gain setting or -3db on the EQ and test from there. Engaging the bypass essential removes the effect of all filters(including your +2db setting), making the EQ inactive.

Hello,
Where do I find the bypass function in the equalizer?
I have carried out exactly the procedure suggested by you in the run-up to the enquiry. But I have no effect in the bass range.

Best regards
Jörg Steffan

Sorry, I have no idea. I have never used or even seen the equaliser that you are using.
Is there not a user’s manual of instructions for it?

Hello,
The issue is solved as far as the operating is concerned, e.g. with regard to the bypass. Only the effect of the plug-in eq in Audirvana is extremely small compared to the JRiver eq. I think this is mainly due to the lowering of the output signal.
Many thanks for your efforts.
PS: I have also found the Bypass Battom :wink: .
Greetings
Jörg Steffan

Excellent! Good to know that you solved your problems. :+1:

No. Reducing the overall level of the signal leaving the equaliser reduces everything, it does not reduce the effect of the equaliser on the chosen frequencies (as long as the equaliser is correctly designed, of course). That is the whole point.

The important thing is the sound. Are you happy with it now?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.