While opening Studio: Error opening library file

Did this too…this is crazy and very upsetting. Why would a fresh install look for a database that it’s supposed to create?

I think I am just going to dump AS until it is more stable and the interface is more stable

Really?….no response?

Yes….I know. Nothing. I have looked for all files listed in all locations and have deleted them and tried a new download of the install dmg and still the same.

I don’t want to have to do a full system reinstall because of this. This is the only thing the computer does. Play music. This is very frustrating.

You may have a damaged preferences file.
To reset it, open the Terminal application, and enter the following commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Studio
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Origin

I did ALL of that.

What I did not think of was that I changed the usb hub I was using. The old hub was only usb. The new hub had ethernet built in as well.

I deleted the 2 additional network devices that the usb hub had created. I rebooted the mac and that solved the problem.

I know that it happened I don’t understand why?

You had this message but in the end it was a network connectivity issue?

I have the same problem on my new mac book pro with m3 pro. After the first install i could open Audirvana. After a little time it don´t running. The folder “library/application Support/Audirvana” does not exist… I created the folder and did a new install. Nothing… Ideas?

The folder of Audirvana library goes in your home folder library of the mac, not the main library of the mac, just in case you didn’t look at the right place :grinning:

Home folder library is usually hidden.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System…
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…
click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.