Why can I never connect

Hi I have had Audirvana installed for a few months but I have never got it to work !!!

My system is a

• Server PC , Windows 10 (all current updates) 16 Gb RAM, i7 7700, 4Tb HDD for music, connected by ethernet to network. There is NO wireless on the PC just the router.
  • Cambridge Audio CXN V1 ,streamer connected via a switch and ethernet (show network OK on startup)
  • Control app via iPad iOS 13.6 or 14.1 (I have 2) running A+ Remote

I have a Tidal account signed in.

I have Audirvana set in the startup group and its starts OK (the refresh library setting is OFF for this test), I have checked Firewall with this mornings update and allowed it. The PC was rebooted from scratch.

The app works fine on the Server PC and local speakers but I cannot connect externally.

When I startup the Remote app on either of the iPads it fails to see the server . I am connected to the Router on the wireless SSID ad am sitting 2 meters away , I still cannot “see” the server PC .

I have 2 other systems (both disconnected for this test) that see the network fine (JRiver and Roon)

What can be going on this connection is missing and has really never worked

I must be doing something wrong but I can’t see what. I have been running network based digital music for 8 years so its not a new thing to me.

I can’t see what all the rave reviews are about at the moment !!

I tried to get a refund when it wouldn’t work last time , maybe I should have tried harder

Any suggestions. Other than give up and uninstall yet again ?

Hello @MikeO,

Do you mean by that you can’t see your CXN in Audirvana?

Have you checked the firewall settings: In Settings > Update and Security > Windows Security > Firewall and Network Protection > Allow an application through firewall, make sure that Audirvana is allowed to access the network.

Restart your WiFi router because it may have a problem transmitting the connection used by Audirvana Remote (Like the Apple Remote app that controls iTunes, which can be blocked for the same reasons)

If I play direct on the server PC I have no problem

It never gets past looking for a server on the remote app

I rebooted the PC with Audirvana the only upnp app auto starting . I get the prompt for the 6 digit code , fine it connects. Now I select local , artists it hangs , I stop the app, close by swiping off the screen in iOS, now I restart it can’t find the server PC I connected to minutes before

It has always been like this , I just gave up

Only after reading a discussion on how good Audirvana was I thought I’d try again , Same issues

I have never successfully used Audirvana, it simply doesn’t connect

The CXN works fine on 2 other Server/Renderer products

I have checked firewall , indeed it did work briefly this am

I restart my router daily due to thunderstorms here. It was started minutes before I tried this

I might as well give up now and save myself the frustration :pensive:

One last thing you can try is to set fixed IP address on the CA CXN.

Hi @bitracer

The issue is not the CXN, it never gets that far.

When I start Audirvana on the server, the try to use the Audirvana Remote on an iPad (one of 2) the screen saying can’t find server pops up and never goes away.

The one time I got a connection ie the 6 digit PIN screen , as soon as I clicked Artist on the iPad the remote hung and that was it

My library is around 150k tracks if that makes any difference

No, the issue you’re having is with the Remote app. I understood you have the problem playing to the CXN.

No once I manage to get the Remote app connected I see the CXN fine and can play to it

The problem I have is the Remote App seeing the server

Hello @MikeO,

Can you go in Audirvana settings>Miscellaneous, can you enable the settings to use the older verison of the connexion process for the Remote?

That worked , I’ll keep using and see how it goes

Whats the legacy Bonjour about ?

It’s the connectivity protocol used by your computer to be detected over the network. There is a new version for Windows 10 device, that’s why you have this button available.