Why Do I Have to Stop Remote App and Clearing Cache To Get App to Connect to PC

I’m enjoying the features of the remote app, but why is a force stop of the app and clearing the cache sometimes required to connect to the PC? This happens about 40% of the time. The app is running on Samsung Android tablet and smartphones. The most recent version of the Origin program is running on a Windows 10 PC. I have the notifications turned on for the app. My Android devices have the latest versions of system software and the most recent version of the app from the Play Store.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi @12317,

We will do an update of Audirvāna Remote in the coming days that should help for your issue. Once its available, please install it and try to reproduce your issue.

Awesome!

Thank you for the responsiveness and a great product!

The update I was talking about is now available, do you still have your issue after you installed the 5.0 version of the Remote?

I have installed version 5.0 of the remote app on my Samsung smartphone and tablet.

So far the new remote app is better at connecting to the Windows PC than the previous version. No longer need to close the app and clear cache to get things working. My issue is no longer.

Thank you Audirvana and thank you Antonine for following up!

1 Like

I have problems the latest app does not connect properly and to make it work I have to uninstall it from my galaxy s10 and reinstall it. Clearing the data cache is not enough. If I do that then it sees the pc and the nas, otherwise only one or the other is seen. If the Nas appear and i connect to it, it does not play as it does not request switch command from prior used pc. Pity because with the new Nas software it would have been great but the hassle to install and uninstall make the nas software worthless

It’s because of the refresh account access, which is renewed every hour. You should then be able to use the NAS and PC for an hour.

I have tried again…reinstall the app clicked on nas, nas asked login enter the login data, I see everything including local but does not play. Yesterday it worked.

Now It works, what I did is I started the audirvan remote, then first entered in pc, then switch the dac to upnp, then went into setting, from “computer” I switched to nas and it worked, BUT if I did the switch of the dac from usb to upnp after the switch to nas audirvana will not find the dac.

Can you please update the Audirvāna package on your Linux version and try to reproduce your issue again?

You have overestimated my abilities… I have installed the original from your qnap link…
the linus link brings me to ubunto ecc well above my skills level

1 Like

I have updated to the new qnap version 2.8.1.3 and the situation has not improved. I still have to delete the remote app from the phone and install it again.
With the new version I had to reinstall the local music folder, which is a nuisance.