Why do you like Audirvāna?

To each their own fan club…

BUT if you make a statement like that then you are asking for being called out when its not. God or Not

1 Like

For that version it was. You can fork it and continue the development as open source where he left it.

Dear Philip,
That, is a bold statement… :smile:

God exists.

Best

Matt

Told you so, Philip! :smile:

Perhaps this thread should be retitled ‘Why DID You Like Audirvana?’ :rofl:

I’ve got the power to hypnotize
Make a play, mesmerize
Feel the chills up and down your spine
I’m gonna make you fly

And your eyes playin’ tricks on you
And your mind will seek the truth
You know you’re gonna make it through

I said, move it
Make you prove it
Shake it out
Shake it down
Feel the chill, feel the chill
Movin’ down your spine

AC DC

Using 3.5 and testing Studio Version

This thread was started just before Studio was introduced

Old 3.5 version is up sampling and down sampling no problem
Studio needs more user input,
Additional to Sox there is another r8brain algorithm in Studio
I am testing this 2 versions on 2 identical Windows machines side by side using 2 pairs of identical
Classic Sennheiser HD 500 headphones ( do not have double headphones of any other brand)
No external DAC is being use in this test to give both Versions equal environments.
To early for any final Conclusions.
I am focusing on just playing local files in different formats
No interest of using streaming services , radios and podcasts
I do not need all that mess and frustration.
I am using Spotify as my main streaming service because it has best library off all
Soon Hi Fi is coming to Spotify
I am using Spotify on its own
Do not need any helping software
I am streaming Spotify using Android app on my phone directly to Chromecast Audio Dongles
and Sony Hap S1 High Res Audio Player. Quick and Easy
In USA and Canada Sony Hap S1 it has Spotify Connect installed as default streaming service
It is up sampling everything to near DSD quality

Anyway, this kind of comparison it doesn’t make sense anymore.
That song by ACDC it helped me to Realize that old 3.5 version is not coming back any time soon Ha Ha !
We have to Welcome new King, that simple.

My wish towards New Studio Version is to implement Chromecast Support for convenience.
I don’t want to even mention on this forum name of major competitor but they have advantage over Audirvana having Chromecast support.
I am sure that Chromecast support needs special sampling engine and other futures to stream formats like SACD ISO.
So far I don’t know any software that can stream SACD ISO with ease to Chromecast devices.

1 Like

Another reminder for today is that only Audirvana is supporting SACD ISO and MQA

There is no other so far and that’s why I am here !

French people proved that their passion is bringing us top notch services like Audirvana and Qobuz

Riding and paying for a dead horse.

Matt

Nobody is forcing you to ride dead horse.
There is so many other more alive choices.

It is playing all formats except MQA

So, it might not be a problem to others who are not reliant on it.
I cannot help thinking that the much publicised hype around MQA is mostly reliant on the widespread fear to miss out on “the next big thing” (just my humble opinion, of course)

If you do not care about MQA and SACD ISO than you have plenty of other choices.
I have quiet few rips of MQA CDs and many many SACD ISO images that I am to lazy to extract to single DSD files so for me Audirvana is universal tool
If I want to pay subscription ? Answer is NO !
Last minute a week ago I purchased 3.5 Version and that was the best move of this year for me in terms of software use off course.

Congrats :slight_smile: :smiley:

Matt

No, I can’t do it on my Mac. :frowning:

I know a lot can be lost in translation, but this is a joke, right?