Why do you like Audirvāna?

Indeed, the word Marketing was never translated to French. Mind you the word Entrepreneur was never translated to english either. How very confusing!… :smile:

1 Like

Looks like someone’s after a free lifetime subscription to AS :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

https://www.foobar2000.org/

Don’t like French than go to Foobar 2000 website and use your skills to configure it the way you like.
It is always free and updated frequently
Peter Pawlowski is providing you free software but nobody likes it because it is FREE !
Instead people will be complaining about paid software.

Peter is not asking you for money.

Why you wont just use your brain little bit and at least try to install and configure Foobar ?

No you like to pay for already developed software, or you want bunch of people working 7 days a week and give you Audirvana or Roon or JRiver for FREE.

Foobar 2000 is supporting UPNP playing radio stations, and is doing zillion tasks but people don’t like it because it is FREE
People like to complain by nature and always write negative comments

Mom I don’t like this, Mom why I have to wear this ?

1 Like

Peter Pawlowski are you crazy ?

Why are you giving away Foobar 2000 for free ?

People do not appreciate your work over so many years !

They want to pay for their software to make them happy !

Our issue with Peter Pawlowski is that he does not like macOS.
Look what Peter offers to us poor macOS users:

I saw your picture of Footbar200 and its beautiful VU meters. Nothing alike on our computers.
Even of we are ready to pay, we will get nothing more.

I don’t want to use Audirvana Studio even for free.

I hate implementation of radio stations and podcasts and those streaming services.

I can stream what ever I like either using their apps or using good quality radio streams addresses like this one for instance that plays instantly :grinning

http://ice2.somafm.com/sonicuniverse-256-mp3

1 Like

Yeah it’s a shame. Also DSD output doesn’t seem to exist on Mac, along with any other components.

On Mac, there are no components at all. It doesn’t support DSD, but natively supports DSF-WV.
If I’m not wrong, DSD is not offered natively on PC neither. You should install a component to have it.

My apology !
I never used MAC
But Foobar after first install looks the same as on Mac and that is throwing people away.
Most people have only one computer and I understand this fact
Nobody is nut like me with bunch of computers running windows and Linux and Audacious and all kind of programs and Linux distributions.
I guess Mac is Luxury item
No plug inns for MAC with Foobar
Windows computers are very cheap and is worth it to buy one just to try Foobar 2000
I am waiting for Fathers day
Apparently I am going to get Mac Mini so I will be able to share my experience with Mac users and understand better what they are talking about and what kind of problems they have.
Cant wait for that new Mac Mini M1
Last year I got basic Mac Mini for Fathers Day and we returned because I heard rumors that new one is coming and I am glad i did return it.
This new Mac M1 has lots of horsepower !

I’m sure that you’ll appreciate your M1 Mac Mini. Everybody says that it is a wonderful computer.
When you get it, if you’ll need help or advices regarding macOS or interesting software for your Mac, you’ll be welcomed. I’m a Mac user since 1989.

I’ll try to install and configure Foobar on my Dell. If you have interesting links to forums or sites that provide helpful advices about the configuration of Foobar, please send them to me.

EDIT:
While I was writing my post, you already sent me some links. Thank you.

Dear Derek,

I hope you did not forget that you initiated this thread…
:wink: :smile:

Ah… OK.
If I configure it on an old PC computer under Vista, could I later transfer it easily with all its components to my Dell running W10?

I have collection of VU meters that I acquired from different free websites and I will have to set up public folder with drop box and share with community.
Just those VU meters are making me smile when they are dancing with music.
I project them big on second screen because it is possible in Foobar.

Audirvana is doing only thumb of album art and you can resize it big but cant move to second monitor and see main program interface at the same time.
One or the other only

Yes !

We still love Audirvana Very Much for what it can offer !

It is offering ready to eat big pie for Mac and Windows !

and you do not have to bother with configuration like in Foobar 2000

And that is true and only true

Foobar takes days and days of learning and practice to get it going the way you like.

Yes !
I got whole package long time ago imitating Pioneer RT 909 and it is starting automatically but not very good in navigating thru library.
But regular lay up you can copy and transfer to another machine.
I am going to delete now all my negative comments and links .
They hosting this website and paying for server and I am clearly polluting here.
I just finished to cut the grass for myself and neighbor. She is going thru chemotherapy.
So I was thinking that I am spreading here bad air being s…t disturber.
I hope that you have those links

I am going to delete this link after you will copy

Why do you want to delete your links?

You did not answer my question at this post:

I think you can because I was downloading whole package containing Pioneer RT 909 interface with all components and it worked.

I feel bad that I am doing damage to Audirvana posting links leading people to find other way to listen to music, while Audirvana hosting me on this server