Why no composer category?

I really appreciate the intelligent play lists in audirvana.
But, why is there no composer browsing (additionally to album, tracks, artists).
I know I can use filters, but thats not the same!

1 Like

Hello @BhMusic, thank you for your suggestion, are you listening to classical music most of the time?

may be 75% classical music!

Have you tried in the artist view of your local library to filter for Composer?

In fact I had to upgrade to the latest Audirvana version first.
Now it works as you proposed.
But anyway, the COMPOSER is a major tag for me and all classical music listener.
Therefore, for me it belongs to the start page.
I have just played with Auralic, it supports all my needs, and when my mac mini dies I’ll switch to Auralic as the next mac mini will be in the price range of a dedicated music server / streamer.

I support the request for Composer field. Composer is not Artist nor Album Artist. I solved this issue by putting the composer name into the Album title. E.g. Wagner: The Flying Dutchman (Klemperer). So I have all Flying Dutchman recordings in a sequence. Search function would also sort out Composer name, Name of Oeuvre and Conductor to identify the recording. Maybe this helps.

Bonjour Damien,
Big thanks for Audirvana, which I’m using since V1 i guess.

Since last release, the browsing method ala windows, horizontal with multiples criteria, doesn’t exist (or kind of clumsy with vertical filters) and make the Composer browsing almost impossible.

The Artist view filter for composer is not usable when you’re looking at composers for only certain type of music like classical, contemporary because all composers come out and make the list useless (one album of Jazz can have multiples composers)

I assume most users don’t normally browse Jazz, or Rock by composer. So it would be nice to find a workaround for that. Mine, so far is to make smart Playlist for each composer (based on TAG), kind of a pain…

Would be super nice to have, on the favorites pages, not only tracks, albums and artists, but also Composer, and why not Conductor, Orchestra etc.

Thanks for reading,
Pascal