Will importing itunes playlist preserve the folder/subfolder structure?

I am considering purchasing Audirvana. I listen to classical music almost exclusively and over a 10 years period ripped all my CDs to a 8 TB harddrive. My playlist in itunes was assembled over 10 years and is very detailed and complicated. For example a composer, says Bach, I have folders and subfolders - i.e., composer/category of composition?particular composition/particular performer/particular recording.

I tried Roon. While it imported all my playlists, it did not preserve the folder structure of my itunes library. It just spits out a huge number of playlists individually with no folder/subfolder structure.

I purchase Audirvana, and import my itunes library/playlists, will Audirvana preserve the folder/subfolder structure as it is in itunes or will the result be similar to Roon - i.e., all the playlist imported but with no folder/subfolder structure?

Hello @JackCob, before importing your playlist you must specify the path of your music to be synced with Audirvana. To do so you need to go in Audirvana settings and in the library section you’ll need to use the first method of syncing and put the path of your file. After that, all you have to do is import your playlist and you’ll be able to see all of your file in your playlist in Audirvana.

I’m sorry. I just don’t understand your answer at all. I do not own Audirvana. I am considering buying it, but I need to have my question answered. Please answer it clearly, Thank you.

Audirvana won‘t touch the folder structure. It will import and organize the files based on the metadata. Navigation in Audirvana is not folder structure based.

The best thing to do is to try and see how you like the result and if it suits you.

It would be nice to be able to browse the folder structure I developed on my NAS.

Bonjour
Avant de me procurer Audivarna je voudrais savoir si l’importation de ma bibliothèque iTunes conservera la notation de mes morceaux.
En effet la plupart de mes listes de lecture sont basées dessus.
Pouvez-vous me donner une réponse claire.
Merci

Bonjour @Lflo, si vous vous basez sur la notation de vos titres le plus simple est d’utiliser la seconde méthode de synchronisation d’Audirvana car iTunes conserve la notation dans son logiciel et non dans le fichier source. En utilisant la seconde méthode vous aurez accès à la notation des titres qui a été fait dans iTunes directement dans Audirvana.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.