Windows Blue Screen and Dump after Update to 2.2.0

Did you guys had a audio driver update recently?

Also, can you check if you have a miniDump at C:/Windows/Minidump location?

Hi, the only think I update latly was Audirvana

My Sound Blaster Driver is Updated last in March (2022) to 6.0.102.78

Issues just appear with the update of Audirvana 2.2.0 version from version 2.1.0.

Version 2.1.0 runs very well even with Radio.

Because Audirvana is not usable since the Update, I switch back to WinAmp with ASIO Driver. This is already some Year old, and it play since couple day without any problems all Files.

Did Version 2.2.0 change something with Kernel mode?

I think these changes are unstable:

Windows:

• Kernel Streaming: extended compatibility for playing 24bit audio to all DACs
  • Kernel Streaming: further optimizations of the playback engine. Optimization level can be set in the audio settings (option in DAC input popup)

Please send the dumpfile, we need it to help you.

Hi, ok as i wrote last time: The mail bounced back this is relate to the NoReply email address by the Forum.

I just resend to the adresse you mention, can you confirm if you receive?

The mail from the forum is a noreply address, which is why you get the bounce.

We received a file from you but it’s not the right one, we need the Windows minidump at C:/Windows/Minidump location, not the dump from Audirvāna.

ok, send now the Minidump.

Hi, did you receive the MiniDump?

One more I notice if I deactivate Upsampling it play and not force a blue screen.

After some more test, I attach a USB DAC. and this work. It looks for me this is related to Sound Cards or On board sound.

The interesting part I hear a difference between USB DAC and my Sound Card. My Sound card play more cleaner and neutral.

Hello, any update on this?

I just try again to change back to my sound card and get a blue screen.

Currently I use a backup external DAC. But the sound quality is not the same.

Hello, can I still expect an answer? Even if the support says that the problem cannot be solved, it would be ok for me.

Hi @MacJK,

I’m sorry but thought that your later post from December talks for itself. Your saying that the onboard sound and sound card do not behave the same so the issue you have is probably coming from a driver of your sound card that is not behaving as expected. Have you checked on your sound card website if there is not a new driver for it?
Also, if you have a different PCI slot on your motherboard, have you tried to use it instead of the one you are actually using for your sound card?

Hi, thanks for the information.

I meant that I have no problems with a USB DAC, but the internal sound card still has a blue screen.

The sound card is quite old 6-8 years and has not received any new drivers since 2021. It works perfectly with Audirvana up to version 2.1.0 without any problems. Other applications also run without problems.

Since this is a single problem, we can gladly close it.

Thank you for your support.