After updating to 3.5.5 (Win 10), Tidal won't play MQA tracks in WASAPI mode

After conductiing the 3.5.9 update today, I can report things are working well. Infact, the MQA files sound better than before!

Stephen_Marsh–Since you updated to 3.5.9 is Tidal working for you in both ASIO and WASAPI? I’m still hanging onto 3.5.5 for now as at least ASIO works in Tidal MQA. I’d like to update but am still holding off. Thanks for any info.

For me same as was with .8 with .9 update MQA still isn’t working in Audirvana or in the Tidal program. Regular tracks play but MQA is still a garbled mess!

Working with my backup DAC which is an iFi Zen. Wanna try my Pro-Ject Pre box S2 now but I’m afraid to change and loose it again… Guess I’ll try and hope for the best. If anything has to be done differently for that particular DAC please advise me.

Tried and MQA not working on Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC. Not recognizing it as an MQA DAC. Please advise what I need to do to correct this. The ifi Zen is okay but not nearly as good as the Pre Box S2 Digital.

You have to turn off “auto detect mqa device” in general settings for now

After the .9 update, I can’t log in Tidal. I am using win 10.

Yeah. Tried all settings for that DAC and it will not play MQA. Have tested on other device and DAC is fine and was working normally before all the recent updates. At least the one seems to be working and it’s auto detecting it and everything

Hello @Mkilgore1968, Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info Audirvana button automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Yes I sure will as soon as I get home. Thanks

First set of three was using the ifi Zen which works. Second set of four is with Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 digital connected which will not play MQA and isn’t being detected as MQA for some reason.

You need to set the MQA settings for the Project to MQA decoder, not renderer.

Did that. Tried both and with auto detect on and off. No settings will play MQA with this DAC since update mess that started last week and ifi Zen just started working again with the .9 update. Both were fine before.

When you set it to MQA decoder, does the MQA symbol light up on the Project? Disable MQA auto detect temporarily.

Set to Decoder and auto detect off it will not display MQA and plays garbled sound and doesn’t show proper bit rate either.

Is it just with MQA or you get garbled sound with everything you try to play?

It’s puzzling, even if the DAC doesn’t detect MQA it shouldn’t output garbled sound. It just wouldn’t enfold it.

Can you try with some other bit-perfect player app, like for example VOX?

Regular tracks play fine. Only MQA tracks are scrambled.

If play MQA tracks from local files from Fubar2000 or hi-res website they play normally and DAC displays properly for MQA

Hmm, looks like an Audirvana bug then. It’s like it’s sending the same stream for renderers and decoders. Maybe @Antoine can look into this.