Audirvana 1.6.4 will not install

Error message
App installation failed with error message: error 0x80070490: Opening the package from location AudirvanaSetup_1.6.4.0_x64.appxbundle failed. (0x80070490

2 Likes

See the release notes for version 1.4.5:

I have the same Problem! I can’t install any version of Audirvana!

Exactly the same problem. 2 days have passed for my trial period and I still haven’t been able to install it.

I have exactly the same problem

@Antoine

Same here. Nothing works. I can’t use Audirvana that I bought.

I just signed up for the 30 day trial, and I also get the following error message:

App installation failed with error message: error 0x80070490: Opening the package from location AudirvanaSetup_1.6.4.0_x64.appxbundle failed. (0x80070490

Hi everybody
I have the same issue when attenting update Audirvana 1.6.1.
I tried the solution of lucretius and i won’t thanks him.
I can’t install anymore Audirvana !!!
What can I do !
I’ve spent money for a program which cannot be installed or update without windows app manager. that’s incredible !!!

This not worked…

There are now so many users with a problem that it is probably no longer a coincidence.

What could be is that this installer works for an update but not for a new installation. Probably a small detail that refers to something that isn’t there yet. Honestly no idea, but it wouldn’t be the first time.

If there is an older installer available, you could try that one. Then perform the update.

The problem is that there is no older version available because of the fact that Audirvana works with Windows App manager…
I’ve tried several solutions for the 0x80070490 error (register, windows services, DISM…etc). No one is successfull…
I think there is a big problem with Audirvana package.

https://audirvana.com/delivery/windows_studio/AudirvanaSetup_1.6.4.0_Test/AudirvanaSetup_1.6.4.0_x64.appxbundle

3 Likes

Thanks @sattothestars that worked for me, local files are now syncing.

1 Like

Thanks @sattothestars !
Worked for me too !
The mention “Test” is supposing to significate that the issue is in the final delivery package ?
Anyway… It works !
Thanks for the quick response even if it’s weekend !

Hello everyone, for the people who have this issue, before using the link provided by @sattothestars , have you tried to do a reboot of your computer? The link will give you the specific version you want to use but it won’t give you the automatic update of Studio.

Many thanks for the link. it worked for me

Thanks, link worked fine to get 1.6.4