Audirvana on Raspberry Pi

Hello
Could we use Audirvana (qobuz as example) from a Raspberry Pi instead of a laptop running windows or a mac?
Many thanks in advance for your answers

I guess this is not possible. You could use the Pi as DLNA renderer and play from mac/pc to the pi using Audirvana.

The Pi as a standalone solution would be possible e. g. with Volumio. This includes the opportunity to use Qobuz.

cheers

Hello Woe, many thanks for your feedback.
Cheers

Just wanted to add my two cents. On of the great bargains in audio includes using Audirvana on an inexpensive Mac (in my case, a 2009 MBP) in network mode to connect to a Raspberry Pi with either a sound card (in my case a DigiOne Signature connecting to a dac by s/pdif digital cable). The advantage is that the MBP is kinda noisy electrically (it is a consumer product, not an audiophile product), so it is not directly connected to the dac. Instead, it is used to pick the music file and customize it (software up sampling, and adding filters and the like) and then send the file via ethernet to the Raspberry Pi which is a simple and relatively quiet low power computer. By sending an already modified file to the Raspberry Pi, you ask it to not do too much, also keeping the signal quiet. The modifiability of the Raspberry (USB, s/pdif, dac) is an important variable in this system and promises continual improvement in sound quality. And all of this hardware stuff is in the context of Audirvana improvements (like 3.5).

Have I explained this in a coherent manner?

1 Like