Audirvana Remote connection issue to Windows 10

Does it happen all of the time you try to pair the Remote?

Yes it happens every time I try. I remember it working many months ago, but since a long time now I never managed to have it working.

You are running Audirvana 3.5.10 and Remote 2.2 for iOS?

My laptop did a Windows 10 update two nights ago and I returned to having disconnection and reconnection problems. If I turned off Windows Defender Firewall I could connect just fine, but with Firewall turned on I could get no connection. Definitely a firewall issue. Here’s what I did today to hopefully fix things (yet again), so far so good:

In the Windows 10 laptop:

I deleted a 2019 instance of Audirvana Plus.

I deleted all Inbound and Outbound Audirvana Windows Defender Firewall rules (I had too many in there, six and two respectively, I assume from old installations) and reinstalled them by:

Inbound: Launching Audirvana and saying “Allow” For Private when Windows Defender Firewall pop up asked if ok to allow, and

Outbound: Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
Select Audirvana > Advanced Options > Repair

Now I have two Inbound and one Outbound Audirvana Firewall Rules and so far all is well again. Don’t forget In Audirvana Settings > Miscellaneous > Turn OFF “Prevent Screen from Going to
Sleep”.

Hope this helps.

Update to my last post:

I am very sad to report that rebuilding firewall rules was a fail. I still have to completely shut off Windows Defender Firewall to have reliable connectivity between Audirvana Remote and Audirvana that does not drop over time and stay dropped.

I am out of ideas.

Hallo,
I am coming back to the problem with the Samsung Tab S2. I work with a Samsung Note II and a Samsung Tab2. The remote is running well on the Note II, but the Tab S2 is not recognizing the computer on which audirvana is running. Is the problem with the Tab S2 localized? It would be very nice if the remote would work also on the Tab!
Thanks for looking into that.

Yes those are the versions I use.

Hello. i have same problem. I have bought Audirvana today and after 10 hours, i couldn’t make the connection between my phone and my comp.
I have only 1 internet connection , means no 2,4ghz/ 5 ghz issue
I have last audirvana version
I have Windows 10 with all updates.
I have samsung galaxy S7, A10, A20. No one can connect to my comp… I checked all settings in Windows 10 as mentionned.
I had connection only 5 min then dissappered. Meantime i installed roon and it works without any problem.

The only thing , i see different is ;
“allow an applpication via a firewall , make sure that the file audirvanaplus.exe is allowed to acces network.” … there is no audirvanaplus.exe file, and there is only audirvana with no extension.
However ronn has roon.exe and it Works…

somebody can help me? and why it is so complicated?

1 Like

No Clou so far. Should I uminstall and re-install AudirvanA Remote? Do I have to Pay Another 9.99 € for that.

No, once you purchase it it’s your’s you can just download it again. In addition to that the Remote is now free (included in the base license).

Don’t think reinstalling it will help though, but you can always try.

Still no luck with this one, actually it even got worse on my side, as since the latest update (to 3.5.12) I can’t even get to the 6 digit pairing code anymore, though I do see the computer in the remote app, tapping it just gives me the eternal rolling wheel of boredom. :frowning_face:

Anyone got any luck with this latest update ?

Hello, I need your help.
I have last version Audirvana in Mac mini Catalina.
I have Xiaomi 9SE phone.
first day I could connect Audirvana remote.
But now I can’t .
I have revised all settings and firewall into Mac mini, and restart wifi, and delete and reinstall app remote. But I can’t connect them.
Could you help me?
Thanks in advance

Just downloaded the 30 day trial program and I must say it sounds excellent. However I am also experiencing issues when trying to use the remote control via various Android devices. It connected once then after that, no further success.

Mike Gregory
Klipsch

Hello,
I have Audirvana 3.5.13 on Win 10 and Samsung s10 for remote.
Few days ago Audirvana has updated and since then my A remote cant connect to comp.

I have checked firewall into settings, and restarted wifi and reinstall A remote but I cant connect them.
Could you solve my problem?
Thanks!

Hello again,
Remote still not working…

Same here, still doesn’t connect despite reaching the 6 digits code and entering it on my iphone, after that it just shows the turning wheel and never connects.

It’s quite a shame to be honest, especially since the remote app wasn’t free !

I’ve had to rely on google chrome remote desktop instead. Not as practical, but at least it works !

Not sure if this helps, but I am a Samsung fanboy and I sometimes have trouble connecting to devices. It seems that some Sasung phones have compatibility issues. Try another phone of a friend or relative. Then go back and try yours again. I had to use an iPhone X to connect a wifi light switch. After it worked on the Apple, I went back and tried it on my phone and voila! Worth a try.

Audirvana sounds good in my system but your remote app is really bad.
Please Damien fix it.
Improve the Remote App connection.
Surely Audirvana will have many more users the day it works correctly.

+1, I have not recommended Audirvana because it;s remote app. Damien Please fix it or Maybe a new development with a new approach, this one just doesn’t not work correctly and consistently…

Cheers!

JH

I haven’t taken the time to read through every post, but I followed the initial five-step procedure to the letter and the Audirvana remote app on my Samsung android phone just won’t recognize my PC. I wish this could get fixed because I have a crippling case of sciatica and it would be so much better if I could control playback from my bed without having to get up and do it on the mouse and keyboard of my desktop and all the pain of sitting and standing that go with it.

If there is any solution to this problem that doesn’t involve a dozen complicated tweaks in my Firewall and wifi settings I would like to hear about it.

By the way I love Audirvana on my desktop PC and use it all the time to stream Qobuz Premium music.

1 Like