Audirvana Remote

Hi everyone,

The new remote is not syncing with my Tidal library hence it is useless. Could someone please take the necessary actions and fix this bug. And yes, I have the latest updates all around.

Thanks!

Best rgs
-BB-

I use Audirvana and MacMini. Somehow my phone succeeded to self update and the Audirvana remote app was updated as well. Have problems controlling the Mac over WiFi. Also if somehow I see my albums I can’t start playing them. I can’t search for album or a song because I’m not using the latest A+ version. And I don’t use it because when I made the latest update everything has collapsed. So definitely not happy. If there is a way I would like to have my old A+ remote back.

My Audirvana Remote on my iPad Mini connects like a charm to my Mac Mini 2018. I am really pleased with the new remote. It‘s much more reliable than Roon‘s. It connects instantaneously also when the Mac Mini is on sleep. That‘s the case for both, iPad and iPhone.

More info: I`m using a dedicated MacMini for audio only and I also only use Tidal. The new remote do connect to Tidal and to my Tidal playlists but not to my albums. I have the new remote on Iphone and Ipad.

-BB-

Might sound like a dumb suggestion, but you haven‘t by any chance moved your library to another directory? If you re-sync your library in the preferences section, and re-boot your Mac.

Also, recently my Audirvana remote was unable to start playing tracks. It seemed corrupted and I needed to delete it and re-load it. After that all was OK.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards

1 Like

I have followed your advice deleting the remote and re-loading it. Unfortunately without solving the issue. Still can’t start playing tracks/albums. Currently use 3.2.18 version of A+. When I updated to 3.5 I could listen to each track only 2.04 minutes (haven’t change anything else). That’s why I have returned to older version.
Technically I have no remote anymore. I have to use my laptop in order to command the A+. And I’m really considering the idea of another player, J River or something else. My MacMini is only for Audirvana+, nothing else.

1 Like

How about upgrading to the most recent Audirvana 3.5 version? Might this solve your problem?

Nope, upgrading does not solve the issue. Neither does deleting the remote. I sincerely hope that someone is working on solving these issues because there is absolutely no reason for using Audirvana if the remote function is not working!

Yes, I can see that a non-functional remote is bad. My setup wouldn’t work at all: my Mac Mini is two floors above the living room where I do all the listening!

Just to get it right: you are using Audirvana‘s latest version on your Mac, correct (3.5 something)?

Could it be that there are accidentally restrictions on accessing your audio files? Those could be changed in the Preferences settings.

Also, have you granted permission in the Preferences Settings for Audirvana for your files.

These are about the last thoughts I can come up with :weary:

Keep my fingers crossed you sort your problems out. Audirvana is a great Package.

When I updated to 3.5 I could listen to each track only 2.04 minutes (haven’t change anything else) then the sound is gone. That’s why I have returned to older version. As I have mentioned the MacMini is music dedicated only. The Mini & A+ is the transport to my DAC. I don’t make changes. Have no other softwares. Don’t use mail or internet. I have stopped to update Mac OS in order to keep A+ out of confusion. But the A+ updates are bringing mostly problems in my case. And I have no solution with the remote App. It’s useless.
In short - I paid for the latest A+ version. Problem, can’t play music.
I paid for my A+ remote. After the recent self update I can’t use it anymore.
Every time I have a major problem with A+ this is due to some A+ update. I had some periods with normal usage (when it’s working I’m quite OK) but since the 3.5 nothing is working smooth anymore.

Maybe theOS of your audio-devoted Mac is too old? Could you update this to, maybe not Catalina, but the latest Mojave OS? Perhaps the later Audirvana updates critically hinge on latest OS features?

Would you have a full fledged Mac with the latest Mac OS that you use for other things than just audio? Could you migrate your Audirvana onto that computer to see if the problems disappear?

I’m using macOS High Sierra, 10.13.4. Have two Macs - MacBook Air and MacMini (2015 or 2016). For two different HiFi systems. A+ is on both but never used at the same time. MacMini is switched on 24/7 and A+ is open nonstop. On MacBook Air I open A+ only when listening to some music and it’s closed after I finish.
The remote problems are valid for Mini and Air. With the new remote I can’t play music anymore.

Well, I am at a loss of ideas. Have you contacted Damien for help?

Audiophile Style (https://audiophilestyle.com/) has a good Audirvana user forum. Maybe you contact this forum for help?

That’s my problem, too. I want to control Audirvana from an iPhone and I get the same screen.

At least I am not the only one. Probably it is an application problem

The recently launched update have fixed my remote issues. Now I can finally find all my albums and also use the search function. However it still a bit annoying that it place you back on top after you have done a search. Especially when you have 2k+ albums and you have searched for your our favourite U2 album…

Thanks!

-BB-

1 Like

After the last Apple security update on Nov 7th I`m now again experiencing issues with the Remote function.

• I`m not able to use the search function without it causing the remote to shut down.
  • My Tidaly playlists are not visible and that goes for both the remote and the actual application.

Currently on 3.5.25 which I believe is the latest.

Best rgs
-BB-

Did this finally work for you. I have the same problem. Remote on App showing the computer but not connecting. Tried resetting router, privacy settings. Thanks

Hello,

Yes now it’s working well. I installed the latest update for the app. Also I completely closed down the app on my Mac and anywhere on my mobile devices. When I use both my mobile and iPad its a bit of a mess but when the app is active only on the iPad then it works just fine. Let me know if it works for you as well.