Audirvana Studio and DSL Bandwidth

Yee Haw that’s fast

Is the drop to your home fiber?

The Gbps rate is the fibre to my router. and via ethernet there’s little or no drop to my computers. The drop is the wi-fi. Which is still pretty good, I get around 500Mbps to my phone.

1 Like

Anyway If there is no solution to this bug, i just refrain from using Audirvana Studio

Have you tried to reduce the pre-load cache? Maybe you‘re starving the system out of memory and it also impacts other apps and network processing performance of the system. I don’t see any other way how Audirvana can cause this.

You are the first one I encounter with such a problem. I just checked and Audirvana is not doing anything strange in my network. Maybe do some basic troubleshooting first before calling it a bug in Audirvana? It just as well could be a simple explainable glitch somewhere else in your system or network.

1 Like

Might be the first, but not alone…

Could you try to reduce pre-load cache? How much you have allocated at the moment?

There must be a simple explanation for it. Otherwise everyone else would have the same problem too.

Maybe noone check that at first.

i use Origin so no internet needed like Studio except for the hd analyzer, no streaming, so strange behavior. @Antoine will see and check that in a couple of hours :grinning:

Good point, I have only 25% of my RAM assigned for Audirvana.

Matt

For those having this strange behavior, are you using a WIFI connection or Ethernet connection? Are you also using Windows or MacOS?

Me, mac on wifi with Origin.

Hmm… Tested with www.breitbandmessung.de

MacOS 13.0.1 Ventura, M1 MacBook Pro, wi-fi connection, AS 2.1.0

First test without AS running.

Test with AS running, but not doing anything.

Final test after closing down AS.

It does seem that AS uses about 130 mbps on the wifi band with without doing anything at all.

I made some test on my side and I do not have this behavior on either MacOS Monterey and Windows 11. I don’t know if it’s related to Ventura but it’s not related to Audirvāna.

It already happened on Monterey. It only happens with Audirvana running, but ok, it is not related to Audirvana, you say. Your customer service doesn’t seem to be very eager to fix bugs. but thank you. What an arrogant stance, sorry

@JuleSonnenschein sorry if it’s sounds arrogant for you but it didn’t mean to be at all. We do fix bugs our software has but in this case, I clearly do not know how I can manage to reproduce this issue unless using a software like Wireshark on your network and checking what is happening on it when you launch Audirvāna.

3 Likes

Nice opening salvo, perhaps a little bit of introspection would be helpful.

Have you spoken to your isp? Is dsl your only option? Have you tried a different router or switch perhaps? Maybe Audirvāna isn’t the product for you but to unload on @Antoine first time you interact with him is not fair. Others have shown you that they see some interesting speed test data but it doesn’t seem to affect the quality of playback for us. It’s very possible that the main issue is on your network based on this information wouldn’t you say? Good luck sorting it out, we’ll be glad to assist if we can.

3 Likes

Did you try to reduce pre-load cache?

He hasn’t responded if he has tried this good advice yet, I don’t think he’s posted his debug yet, cart is before the horse perhaps?

Wow that’s pretty rude. My experience with the Audirvāna team is quite the opposite.

They do try to fix any problem that surfaces. And they have fixed many issues already.

I’ve noticed the same thing happening at my place. It doesn’t affect my daily usage. It is odd, but I’m not certain that Audirvāna is the culprit as not everyone seems to suffer from it.

5 Likes