Audirvana Studio and What it Means for Audirvana 3.5 Users

I didn’t know that I was buying two dead horses when I bought 2 licenses two months ago. I have Roon for my primary music listening and the Audirvana was for the new NUC I was testing as a backup music system. I never would have bought these licenses had I known my releases were DOA. Now that I know how Audirvana does business it is time to unplug them and use MusicCast for my backup.

5 Likes

Subscriptions (hardware and software) are meant for professionals (ie making money with their computers) or streamings.

I don’t want Audirvana to be a perpetual cost for listening my own local files.

17 Likes

I don’t like subscriptions either. But at least with this model Damien will have to work hard to keep his users happy, or he loses his income.

Also, I’m not a Facebookie, so I don’t know all the details. But if there’s not a monthly payment option, that too is going to be a problem.

2 Likes

Please @Antoine, the upcoming Studio version is promising but please, could you reconsider the possibility of having a fully paid licence per major upgrade, as it was the case 'til the 3.5 release?

Many users — as me — really hate subscription-based software. I guess the feeling of knowing that the (subscription-type) licence ‘‘not belonging to the user’’ doesn’t help either.

For me — sadly — this sounds the end of the Audirvana adventure and the full use of Swinsian alternative (offering less possibilities in term of sound quality, Core audio etc… , yes I know), but I don’t feel having a proper alternative to continue supporting Audirvana. And believe me, I’m quite sad to say this.

If you change your mind and add Full price option per major update, I’ll reconsider all of that of course. Otherwise I wish you a nice continuation, and hope you made the right choice regarding the payement strategy.

All the best,
Bien cordialement.

11 Likes

Hi,

as far as I am concerned I have paid almost 100 Euros for the licence. That being said Audirvana has belonged to the group of the most expensive software gear you could purchuase for a Windows setup.
I would like to know If I can still install and validate my licence after support of 3.35 has been stopped. I am aware of the fact that the old Version will not be further developped, but will it be possible to validate my old licence in the future?

I don’t use BookFace nor intend to - so could anyone just list here the main features announced for Audirvana Studio? I could not find that information anywhere else.

Yes, you’ll be able to activate the version 3.5 in the future. The users of the version 3.2 are still able to activate it years after it’s been discontinued.

1 Like

Here is a recap of the new features:

• Support for radio streaming
  • Podcasts
  • Automated tagging for local libraries
  • New upsampling algorithm
  • Kernel streaming on Windows
  • Improved support for ARM based Macs
  • New Audirvana Remote app
1 Like

Here see the Youtube version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDVDHjisnUQ

1 Like

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your reply, but what makes you so sure?
Please bear in mind that they change their payment system.
However from point of jurisdiction I also think that you must be right. You finally purchuased a licence!!
So it will be essential to keep the OS envoronment in a way that the older versions keep on running…

2 Likes

The license management is not tied to the payment system. There is a license management server running somewhere. As long as this is operational you’ll be able to activate your instance of Audirvana.

Historically, this has been the case. I don’t see a reason why it should not be the case for version 3.5. They publicly committed to this.

1 Like

So if I understand correctly, there is no way yet to serve Audirvana music to other home endpoints (like Roon), correct?

There is using UPnP, but not in same way. Audirvana is not designed as multi room playback system. It can only play to UPnP endpoints, one at the time.

Roon is server based software. Multiple users can connect to it, each with its own profile and play to one or more endpoints.

Hi Alex,

Thanks again for your reply.
At the end of your statement you pointed out to a commitment regarding the bespoke licence question. Where can I find that?

That they’ll keep allowing activations of older Audirvana version you mean? They reiterated this few times, and if memory serves me well this was also said during the live presentation stream yesterday.

Hi Alex,

Thanks again. That ist good news. So finally nothing to fear…

Best regarda

It better not that’s all I got to say. I’ve help with Beta I’ve been using Audirvana for over 10 years.And have been recommending it to at least 15 people that have come on board. I better not lose my 3.5

1 Like

What a scam! Please refund my $96. This is a grossly substandard application. It’s ability to manage local libraries is absolutely horrible. Foobar2000 is head and shoulders a better sound engine and it’s free.

3 Likes

If you purchased the license recently, contact the support at support@audirvana.com. See with them if you fulfil the conditions for a refund. Good luck.

Hello everyone,

Just to reassure everyone : Your Audirvana 3.5 license is yours and continues to be.
You can still enjoy your Audirvana 3.5 for many years.

Audirvana Studio is a brand new product you’ll want to try, and it is up to you to decide to adopt it or not. Should you decide to do so, you will still be able to keep and continue to enjoy your Audirvana 3.5.

Yes, you are perfectly right. The facebook format did not suit for our presentation and it did not show the features of the brand new product Audirvāna Studio.
We will post more this week and you will be able to test new product in a few days.

Damien

7 Likes