Audirvāna Studio Features and Tutorial

Agreed.
I am one of many Mac users who can not evaluate the SQ of SA in optimal conditions, because a bug affects SysOptymizer.
I thought that this was a new bug that come with SA. But I was explained yesterday that this is a longstanding bug that existed already in A3.5.
How could it be that a new product is released with annoying bugs that undermined SQ already in the old one?

My thinking is: Why not come back in half a year and look after the progress of AS?

I remember this nice design in A3.5. Is it also available in AS now?

This is exactly my way of thinking, unfortunately. Or at least until the audio analyzation issue and up-sampling has been corrected/patched.
6 months of potential subscription fees lost (from those who were willing to pay them) is going to hurt Audirvana.

Yes it is still available in SA, but it is buggy.
I checked this mode that allows the player to integrate with iTunes.
But after that, it was impossible to return back to the main mode.
I was forced to quit SA and to relaunch it.

Unfortunately, although this interface remained with many iterations, it was eventually phased out. I was particularly attached to it because Some of the design was influenced by input from yours-truly. The original logo typeface was an especially so.

So, Philip, was it you opting for a square Stop button in that lovely design?
How very conventional! :wink: :joy:

Very cute I must say. As the big conventional square that I am, no. Just a few spacings and shadowings and general look of that interface. I loved having it on my screen.

Times have moved on and it’s no longer fit for purpose. No harm in reminiscing.

Indeed, it conjures up of simpler times when we could focus on listening to music rather than report bugs.
I almost wish that today’s sound module were a similar “plugin” for a music player more competent at database management and presentation…

This new AS will eventually be an extremely good player. But it all takes experience, expertise, time and money. I can wait because I’ve got time and I’m hoping for a fabulous player with terrific music database functionality. Let’s all tell Damien what we want so he can make it work.

2 Likes

If the trial will be available again after 6 months and I will not find any worth alternative I will check it out definitively. Open question is: will I move to some other product within this time window. If I will be happy with something else - and there is a competition on the market, especially when you add subscription model which adds roon to the game - I will probably not return to Studio anyway. The way I see it: Studio needs to chase competition today, not the other way around. I highly doubt that competitors will not be adding features to their software within next half a year or so.

Another bug I’ve found today in Studio: it can’t play correctly using ASIO with Chord Mojo. I always get device not found error. Audirvana plays flawlessly with it.

You are probably right, but the real matter is: will it be as good a music management software?

I just wish it weren’t mine or yours :joy:

2 Likes

I do hope it will be good music management.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.