Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Peter, This will be crucial for me too. I haven’t downloaded AS yet but will report. Have you tried over USB to the CXN? I find that with Qobuz using 3.5 over upnp into CXN is better SQ than playing Qobuz directly on the CXN. It will pointless for me to go to AS if this cannot work.

@Rugby1, @wizardofoz

I sat with 2 screens , Audirvana Left Roon Right in Settings>Library

Every file was announced as processing in the progress bar by Title in AS then I watched Roon reimport a file !! My HDD was going wild , not to mention the RAM usage

Fortunately AS froze and stopped importing , so I killed it .

In some albums all tracks showed todays timestamp , in some cases only a few
It had processed around 600G b of files in 12 hours. I had to manually Restore the originals .

The free space on my drive stopped me using SyncBack as it requires the same space as the files it is copying to allow for roll back, So I had to move folder by folder piecemeal UGH.

I am not worried about MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID a many of my files have that tag from using SongKong but at that stage it wasn’t clear what was being added. It looks like if you run Audio Analysis that data is added to the file as well. How does that play with Roon or JRiver volume levelling . That data should be “Private” to AS as i is in Roon.

To me ill thought out and ever more ill communicated , I am not surprised at the outcry in another place.

We all like to check out something new but I don’t think Roon has anything to worry about.

A dead waste of Listening Time :smiling_imp: I should know better

3 Likes

GB46, I play over UPNP because my mac is in another room, so too far away for a USB connection. Strange to hear that UPNP sounds better for you than USB. Any explanation?

Thanks a lot, that makes it sooooo much better!

Peter, not better than USB - I would say pretty much the same. CXN has Qobuz built in and I meant that 3.5 sound better than using CXN as standalone streamer.

You are not alone, I have a CXN V1, uPnP connected Ethernet

I can load a 44.1 , press play , it tries for a second then stops . Tried WASAPI, ASIO and Kernel Streaming no joy . No other servers / software running

Sorta knackers the use of AS , my idea was to make better use of my CXN via uPNP , as the V1 isn’t Roon Ready , I guess not.

Now would seem a good time to let the bugs sort themselves out before spending (wasting) any more time on it . I have been trying for over an hour to sync a 50 disc folder without much luck . I t actually crashed Windows , I can’t remember when I last had to reboot Windows because software jammed it up . Sorry @Antoine

I hate to say this but I am less than impressed , this software is way too unstable to use.

I can get the 2 cr*py PC speakers to work and that’s it ,

2 Likes

I don’t know about the CXN, but I can use the Hiby DAP without issues. On RoPieee, you need to disable OpenHome functionality for it to work. It’s been described in another thread.

There’s no column browser like in iTunes or Swinsian or JRiver.

That is completely insane. It will effectively render this software useless for anyone who hopes to use it to navigate or manage a large, local music library.

No column browser or other browser solution, no deal. I’m out. I guess I’ll check out Swinsian.

Thanks, @Doudou

Well, I tried. Set up another account, pressed install. Got the opening screen. Nothing worked. Closed it and then clicked on the original icon for 3.5. It didn’t work! I thought I had lost 3.5. Restarted computer and the 3.5 logo returned and worked fine. The AS icon has gone. I think I will leave it that way now until bugs are sorted. If Audirvana want more money from me (and I am happy enough with that) they will need to keep 3.5 going. I will happily pay for upgrades to that. I don’t need enhanced library management as I only have about 100 files and don’t see that changing. I only want the best available sound from streaming.

Guys this has been stuck here since yesterday, it’s only one folder with 72 Albums haven’t even started adding the others yet. Please, is it something I’m doing wrong?
Screenshot 2021-05-18 094643

3 Likes

No @TiJay, it’s normal …
I don’t know why because even you don’t choose the replay gain option, AS sync and analyze your files for long time …

1 Like

Depends of your streamer…

Time to take some measurements and compare 3.5 with the studio. Let’s put it to the test and see if there is a measurable result.

They want him hiring QA and they do not want pay software… Strange…
Comme on dit on ne peut pas avoir le beurre, l’argent du beurre, le cul de la crémière et le sourire du crémier…

2 Likes

The first three will be enough… :smile:

Maybe identify any results in a new thread so others can find this. I already know there is degradation, would like it fixed, I am not the only one who has been disappointed by the loss of a superb player that turned a Mac into an audiophile source. I still have what I paid for several times, but it is now being abandoned. Roon is for the iPod generation, and Studio adds a similar homogenising layer that flattens dimensions and dulls edges. Was the signal path changed, or is it the bloat of the new 50% larger app that has an effect on the processing? Bits, apparently, ain’t just bits. Everything in my setup is reclocked after it leaves the Mac. What is it Studio could be doing to the lucidity of Audirvana?

1 Like

Thanks a lot Djm,
I eventually figured that out too.

En fait c’est un marché de niche, et un produit de plus en plus complexe, financièrement cela doit être très limite, à la frontière du viable, surtout si la boite est en France… UPNP doit induire pas mal de bugs pourris dus aux implémentations douteuses de nombreux streamers, lesquels ne s’assurent la plupart du temps que de la compatibilité de leur solution soft. La QA doit revenir trop cher et les matériels si variés que cela doit être un enfer à tester… Sans compter les Gars qui s’étonnent que leurs 100aine de Go de musique ne se synchronisent pas en un clin d’oeil… Ceux qui utilisent une distrib exotique de RPI comme streamers et j’en passe… Je souhaite sincèrement beaucoup de courage à Damien…

3 Likes

Will do. Since roon and Audirvana are now subscription types my vote goes to Roon. Couldn’t tell the difference before and it was all down to price and futures fitting my purpose. Personally I am so fed up with all this drama and will be moving away from Mac and towards a dedicated streamer/server.

2 Likes