Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Looks great ! Working too !

Apparently the HD Audio analysis is also limited on the trial period. At least I can’t seem to launch any, and the pop up window says I need to subscribe to get access to “more”.

Cannot get kernel output to work with windows

2 Likes

I don’t get it. I have Tidal favorites and I have Local favorites. Can’t I merge the albums? I don’t want to see the album twice.

1 Like

Have there been any changes besides the interface? The scanning of the library still takes thousands of years and the list of songs is still messed up.

My CPU load is between 40-60% all the time, that can’t be ok? I have a MacBook Pro 2013

2 Likes

So far so good, but a few things worth mentioning:

1. If I remember correctly there was a message at installation saying “don’t forget to enjoy your streaming trials” or something similar. Did I remember that correctly? The Qobuz voucher feature was greyed out so that’s currently not an option.

2. If I select 'preferences" nothing happens, but I can get to the preferences by selecting the icon on the top right of the main view.

3. The “audio output” menu item didn’t work for me. I was trying to find where I could add audio units to the audio chain and I assume it was in there.

4. the expert screen wasn’t resizable to fill the screen, for some reason, unlike other views.

5. Nice looking UI design.

These are just the impressions from the first 10 minutes.

Janne, I saw a message on the top right somewhere along the lines of “audio library being analyzed”. I can’t remember the exact wording. It seems that the app is scanning to library to collect more data about the collection and that could take time with a large library (and use CPU)

All work great in my Mac Mini M1. Cpu Load around 15%. Sounds Awesome.
Only i don’t understand the infinite Analyzing Audio Files that continue to restart when i reopen the App,

Aah of course, thanks Iamode :+1:

So I have been doing some back to back comparisons on v3.5 and the new Studio app.

In this case I was using a 2018 MacBook with 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4.
USB DAC: Marantz HD DAC1
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800S.
All processing off in Audirvana, default settings.

The new UI is really sleek, good job on that, yeah the fonts could have been adjustable.

Have been playing back to back a few DSF track, Take Five from Time Out (Dave Brubeck) and well as Barcelona Shout and Ben’s Blues from Gente Ben (Ben Webster).

Tried with Studio first and was quite impressed by the transparency and clarity.

Then tried with 3.5 and to my surprise the recording sounded like having more weight/substance/punch across frequency range. Also sounded more natural/analogue. The 3.5 also appears to give a wider and deeper stereo image, at least on this DAC/headphone combo.
The Sennh 800S is known to have an open and airy presentation with expansive imaging.

So far my impression: great looking modern UI, but sound is actually better with 3.5 with my desktop listening setup. Will try with some of the external systems as well.

4 Likes

I can’t even log on to my existing account anymore!! Can’t load trial either!
I bought it April 30. Help!!!
Trial version won’t work either.

UI is slick. Though I’m partial to the miniplayer from 3.5, which is smaller and displays album art better.

Still can’t sort Qobuz favorites or see files larger than 2GB in your library.

1 Like

All sorted. I’d assumed that ‘My Music’ would include the Local Library and hadn’t scrolled down to find that. The 76 albums are my saved Qobuz…

1 Like

is it Mac OS 10.13 and upward only for ‘Studio’?

I’m on 10.12

Useless feature. Or you “Heart” your album and “Unheart” Qobuz… Not good.

2 Likes

Hello. Just signed up and installed Audirvana Studio.

I love the new interface. Very sleek and the font size is fine here (3840x2160 res with Windows magnification set to 125%.

However I have already run into several issues.

The program crashes a lot here. I’m running Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates on my Lenovo Ideapad S530 laptop. It has an 8th gen i7 CPU, 16 gb of RAM and runs of the internal SSD. Same goes for my music collection. I’m using an Terratec USB 7.1 external soundcard which connects my laptop to my hifi.

First time I’ve tried to play a song from Qobuz the sound was just crackling and the program crashed after a few seconds with 2 mini dump error messages. After restarting the program Qobuz plays normally.

Program just crashes a lot as well which means that it starts with analyzing audio files over and over again.

Tried a favourite online radio station of mine (Radio Equinoxe). It plays, But the pause button is greyed out so I can’t stop playback. Also the interface completely flips out. Between 2 different displays of information.

Seems there is still a lot of work to be done :slight_smile:

P.S.
Audirvana 3.5 runs flawlessly here. Rock solid and quick.

1 Like

I also have an HD800 with Unison Research SH.
Amarra Lux sounds even more analogue than 3.5
Therefore, despite the faster work of the Audirvana interface and more convenient work with playlists, after listening to several players (HQP, Roon, Swissian, JRMC etc.), Amarra gave preference as having the best SQ.

1 Like

Where do I find the radio stations???

Interesting so far … and not in a good way …

Claims it has finished syncing my music library, but lots of albums/tracks (including the very first one in the list) won’t play, citing “Unable to open an audio file for playback”.

It doesn’t appear to be possible to see what the actual path it is trying to play is (the only folder setup in the Library is correct, and the files are accessible there with no problem).

Removing ALL folders and doing a “re-sync” doesn’t remove any albums. Neither did rebuilding the database. Next step will just be to delete the entire database and see if it’ll rebuild it cleanly - as there is no common factor I can find between the albums that it claims it can’t find files for.

And then every bug I had run into in 3.5 seems to have been faithfully recreated in Studio, along with some new ones (e.g. new selections for the first Audio Unit not saving, for a start).

Audio Output Settings menu does nothing. I can make the changes I need via Preferences, which I assume is just the same screen accessed in a different way.

Oddly, there are no issues, so far, with my TIDAL or Qobuz libraries, but it does not want to index my local files properly at all.

2 Likes