Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Took me a while to find this!

Any chance the “My Playlists” could be added to the main Qobuz menu items?

PS Loving the Sound quality on Mac. If the subscription price decreases to something more reasonable I would ditch Roon for Audirvana Studio

1 Like

Hmm… I can stream only MQAs or HiRes FLACs to my CXNv2, anything else (mp3 or CD quality FLACs) does not play. But everything works fine using locally connected DAC. Strange.

1 Like

Love the new UI so far. Sound Quality is really good so far as well, even without the SysOptimizer on. The new search and organize features are great as well.

I do have some issues though:
I am on a 2020 i7 Intel iMac with Big Sur. I also cannot install the sys optimizer. I am going to try the terminal commands and restart once AV is finished analyzing files, but if there is an easier or better way, please let us know. Most people running Big Sur and going to have this same issue and will need a fix if they didn’t have the sysoptimizer installed already.
Thanks! @Antoine

2 Likes

Yes, High Sierra minimum…

hi everyone, my remote control is not working, somebody with the same problem?

2 Likes

THANK YOU for adding so much radio stations for so many languages. I might subscribe for that reason alone. UI is great, thanks.

Remote it is not ready yet…

2 Likes

Привет, Андрей

Yeah I recall when I tried Amarra Lux when it came out initially I felt the analogue vibe as well, but the whole package was so full of bugs that it took the pleasure out of using it.

AV Studio - First Impressions!

First, I will be subscribing.
The sound quality is fantastic! It does sound very different than 3.5, more clarity, blacker background and better separation, which I really like. On the other hand 3.5 is a little fuller sounding with muddier backgrouds.

It is evident that this software is still in beta, it’s usable but lots of bugs still.
The ones I’ve come across so far:

1. DSDs over 2g still not showing up in track list, I only have 3 that big so not a big deal. I would like to here them thru AV studio tho. Orchestral tracks sound really good with the separation of the new sound.
  2. There’s lots of issues with page flickering in single album view for me, if I scroll down. !!! This problem seems to have stopped !!! maybe from a restart.
  3. I’ve had a few tracks not show up in single album view. closing the ap p then opening it again fixed the problem.
  4. I have the turning off the volume problem in the few radio stations I’ve tried.
  5. My VST3 plugin is doing strange things. ( Fab Filter Pro Q 3 ) framerates have dropped to were it’s really not usable and the spectrum analyzer doesn’t show up at all. It works fine in 3.5.

AV Studio - Danefrips Ares 2 thru usb - Topping A90 - Focal Clear OG

1 Like

Did some more testing with my home office setup consisting of the same MacBook but this time using DLNA rendering to:
Marantz PM7000N with a pair of Martin Logan 35Xti bookshelfs and a REL T/7i sub.
Playing Chick Corea, The Vigil in 24/96 FLAC. Again getting more detail and wider/deeper stage with 3.5. The sound is alive, like you can touch it with your fingertips.
Not getting the same feel from Studio. More sterile.

3 Likes

The font is extremely small even on a 1080 monitor. The remote for Android only give “unknown error” when I try to connect to the studio. The IOS remote simply doesn’t do anything when I try to connect to the studio. I have Studio on a Mac desktop upstairs but my stereo is downstairs. I can’t walk up- and downstairs to play music.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the problem. I reduced the cache to 2.5 and am still getting frequent crashes while the program is doing analysis, without playing anything on the software. Not sure why the memory and CPU usage is so high.

1 Like

Is the radio stations available in all regions because i can’t find them here in Sweden?

Hi !
I never used Amarra , I know that it is playing DSD from description on their website but I didn’t see if it is playing SACD ISO ?
Do you now if it does ?

Hi, i was reproducing albums stored in my pc and audirvana doesn’t reproduce those who are in 88.2 Khz , somebody knows why? i tried swicthing from Kernel to wasapi and it works, but as soon i swicth to kernel the album cannot be reproduced ¿?

The Volume down button doesn’t do anything on my mac, volume up works

Deleting the entire database fixed my randomly unplayable local-files issue.

When restarting Studio it prompted me to migrate from version 3, but selecting “Cancel” on that resulted in Studio creating a new, empty, database.

Adding the appropriate media folder and letting that re-sync worked correctly, if extremely slowly.

When I tried it, a year ago, It did not play iso. It plays DSF files. It was very buggy with macOS, but the sound was very good.

Thank you !
Lots of options here in this new Audirvana Studio but I am glad that I bought 3.5 version.
I hope it will last for a while.
I listen only to 2 radio stations.
One of them is Toronto Jazz FM 91.1 and another Soma Radio Universe 256 kbs mp3
And no Tidal and no Qobuz.
Spotify only, and hopefully soon Hi Fi would be available !

You have both AS and A 3.5.
Can you tell me if you hear any improvement on Windows?

I play some DSD128 files on macOS and compare to HQPlayer.