Audirvāna Studio Feedback

I agree it is really boring !

Every time I search for an artist and start to scroll everything freezes and the damn rainbow ball starts to spin. No way I’m paying for this before it’s stabil.

Still no settings to adjust the font size? As I recall that was already promised during version 1.0.
(Of course I am still on 1.3 as a poor Windows user :wink:)

Who promised it I, I don’t remember?

1 Like

Damian3 did in one of his old posts. It was in the same post where he said that the Musicbrainz Id was going to be adjustable in the settings. In that post he also wrote that the font size was going to be in the settings. I can’t find the post though, but I am sure I have read it.

Never mind. I was so upset with the MusicBrainz tag, that I did not notice anything else that he said.

Odd no spinning beachballs here on my 2017 MacBook Air running AS 1.4 and macOS Big Sur 11.4.
I also don’t recall seeing them on 1.3. Can’t say about 1.0-1.2 as I was just running AS on Windows till then.

AS runs solid here on my Mac. The Windows AS version leaves much to be desired. Hopefully the upcoming 1.4 will improve it a lot.

I had the spinning ball with my MBP Big Sur with V1.3, while changing settings.
V1.4 seems more smooth. But I loaded to it a very small number of tracks: only 20 albums.
How many tracks did you load to your library?

I have nearly 15 000 tracks on my NAS and have no spinnig problem. It is very stange how the behaviour of that app is different between us.

3386 albums here, containing just over 28500 tracks. Stored on an SD card which is slotted in my Mac’s card reader.

Aah did not notice the 1,4 update, hopefully the rainbow balls are gone now!

Apparently, Damien improves the app. With V1.0, I loaded 11K tracks to try it, and the scrolling in artists view was so slow that the app was unusable.

EDIT
The fact that your tracks are on a SD card is not important, because what you see in Studio’s different views is the data that is stored in the library of the app on your boot drive.

1 Like

Seems that the latest version for Windows is still 1.3.0.0 :cry:

The spinning wheel appears every time when you search for an artists in Qobuz with several albums like Leonard Cohen or Bruce Springsteen.

Yes. The official announcement from Audirvana is that 1.4 for Windows will come in the next few days.

There is an improvement.
As I did not upgraded to A3.5 and remained with A+ 2.5, if Damien changes his mind and offers AS for sale at a fair price, I will buy it.

I have many players, and I’ll be pleased to have this one too.

2 Likes

Has anyone figured out how to make the local artists list show “Album Artists” and not “all artists”?

1 Like

omg that’s awful

Where is that official announcement please?

I found it. Thank you.