Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Somewhere in the long thread about the analysis.

Thanks. Found it.

Just had the chance to check here, and right-click does close the program - disappears from Task Manager also. Strange but typical, the different ways things operate on different hardware.

Well I haven’t used the Windows AS version for a few days now, since AS more then happily runs on my Mac. I’ll give it another look once 1.4 arrives.

Funny, bought 3.5 2 years ago, first for Mac and later for Windows as well. And never had these kinds of issues with either of them.

1 Like

Version 1.4 of Audirvana Studio was released yesterday.

Yes, but only for the Mac. Windows version will arrive in a few days according to the release notes.

The simple fact is that the release is not feature complete as the remote app is not yet functional with Studio. On that basis I/we have not been able to test everything (I have been a user since 2015 so am not new to Audirvana).

2 Likes

Look at this bug… Remaining runtime, almost endless!

Is that the soundtrack of “The Never Ending Story”? :wink:

6 Likes

Happened to me once too. Restarting Audirvana resolved it.

FWIW

While of course there are still bugs, the same was true when I went for a Roon lifetime way back when (don’t refer me back to an earlier post of mine here; I was pretty unhappy then, and not thinking straight).

Do I like what I got out of that with Roon, you bet:-)

So, my question is almost opposite to what people are saying here: can I get a similar deal, funding AS now? I do believe Damien can make it work, given his track record (me being a very “old” user)

1 Like

After a morning of listening, look who made his come back… SysOp’s bug!

Quitting and relaunching AS does not remove it.
I’ll reboot the computer to check if it disappears.

EDIT
After a reboot, AS plays without the bug.

Reminds me of the days when Microsoft and other software vendors used to tell you to uninstall and reinstall the app. I know this is only restarting but it is still reminiscent.

2 Likes

Hi Guys !
I apologize … I’m an AS subscriber since yesterday … and I’m very happy for almost 3 major reasons … et :
The bugs I have are solved (or almost) … I can play AAC radio … Yeaaaaaahhhhh !!! Congrats @Antoine !!
The sound quality is amazing (Files and Radio) on my very simple configuration (Mac mini / DAC in USB / Local files and Tidal)
Very proud to support the French know how and capabilities :grin:
Enjoy the last AS release !
:wink:

6 Likes

That’s the way it should be; positive vibrations…

3 Likes

I was hoping this might be addressed already. Putting together a quick playlist I miss the ability of clicking on Play; Go to playing track as I proceed. As things stand in Studio there is no response to this call to action. All things in good time.

Idem pour moi avec le CXNv2 en mode UPnP seuls les albums MQA de Tidal et les fichiers HiRes de mon nas peuvent être lus. Les autres fichiers Flac 16/44.1 se chargent mais ne se lancent pas en lecture. En mode USB avec le Dragonfly Cobalt tout peut être lu normalement mais le tout début de la lecture des fichiers MQA est haché.
Tout cela a été rapporté à Damien sans retour de sa part. Audirvana 3.5 ne présente pas ces problèmes, la lecture est parfaite pour tout type de fichiers, seule la touche pause est grisée et donc non fonctionnelle.

Studio, Windows 10 and kernel streaming

With kernel streaming, I could not get Studio to play DSD files (without converting) in Windows 10 until now. I just updated Windows to version 21H1 (build 19043.1055) and now it works. Go figure. I don’t know if it sounds any different (from ASIO or WASAPI Exclusive). Unfortunately, my trial ends tomorrow.

J’aurais vraiment aimé avoir un avoir positif sur le logiciel, mais je pense que vous avez décidé de changer de modèle économique trop rapidement :

1- D’un point de vue purement fonctionnel, l’application n’est pas au point : beaucoup, beaucoup de latences dans le défilement des albums, des recherches à n’en plus finir…L’application est quasiment inutilisable. Ajoutez à cela, l’absence de remote à la sortie et ça fait beaucoup.

2- Il y a une confusion entre le rafraîchissement esthétique et la mise à niveau ergonomique : le logiciel n’est tout simplement pas au point et à ce niveau, vous êtes très en deçà de votre principal concurrent. C’est très, trop, fastidieux d’opérer un quelconque changement dans les métadonnées, le nombre de manipulations anormalement élevés pour accéder à ses playlists, sélections…etc. (et encore quand cela est possible). C’est quand même un comble pour un agrégateur de contenus.

3- Vous ne pouvez pas décemment prétendre facturer mensuellement une application, quand il n’y a pas de plus-value constante à le faire. Votre principal concurrent a pour lui un travail éditorial constant et un algorithme de suggestions pertinent. Ce n’est pas votre cas. Faire payer mensuellement une application qui n’a pour seule fonction supplémentaire que la lecture de SACD, ça fait beaucoup.

Je vous souhaite beaucoup de réussite (sincèrement), mais personnellement, je jette l’éponge. Vous êtes arrivés à me réconcilier avec Roon (et franchement ce n’était pas gagné).

Cordialement

6 Likes

Salut Lutece,

Vous voulez dire les ISO SACD?
Ce n’est pas une nouveauté. Les lecteurs Audirvana les lisent depuis longtemps.
Les nouveautés sont les radios et les podcasts.

EDIT
Si vous passez à Roon, vous serez obligé d’extraire vos fichiers DSF des images disques ISO, parce que Roon ne sait pas les lire. Il n’y a q’Audirvana et JRiver qui savent le faire.