Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Is that a royal “we”?

Big apologies - I just couldn’t resist this:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212154

…“Learn how to share and mange your subscription”…

This is from Apple - uh ohhh!!

1 Like

Please increase the font size, it’s too small. Give us the option to set it like small, default, large.

6 Likes

I agree. Many (free) players have options such skins, fonts (type of font, size, bold or not) for more than 20 years…

Bonjour,
mise à jour : echec
quelqu’un à ce probléme ?

Today was on another Mac not log on here on the forum…
I saw that message on top as a banner, that i don’t see here when logon :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,

:uk: You must have noticed that lately we take an unusual time to respond your questions. We are sorry about this, and it should get to back normal shortly. With the release of Audirvāna Studio, we face a major peak of questions and messages both on lost license/email issues and technical reports.
Thank you for your patience and feedback.

:fr: Vous avez dû remarquer que ces derniers temps, nous prenons un temps inhabituel pour répondre à vos questions. Nous en sommes désolés, et cela devrait revenir à la normale sous peu. Avec la sortie d’Audirvāna Studio, nous faisons face à un important pic de questions et de messages, tant sur les problèmes de licence perdue/email que sur les rapports techniques.
Nous vous remercions de votre patience et de vos commentaires.

You can now try our brand new version of Audirvāna Studio for free

Studio free trial

Feel free to share your feedback on the Audirvāna Studio Categories of the Forum.

For existing customers of Audirvana 3.5, you can download 3.5 following those links:

3.5 Windows 10
3.5 MacOs

The announcement has been there for ages.
There is an X at the top right of the announcement to dismiss it. Presumably you clicked on it long ago when you were logged in.

2 Likes

The same. I had to re-enable Windows Update service wich I don’t like and prefer to keep it disabled but it’s ok, after doing this updated AS with no issues, thanks @Antoine.

@Antoine thanks for the 1.5 update.
The playlists feature is a welcome addition.

• The unruly volume control over UPNP is still there. I touch the minus or plus button and volume flies up to 100%. In my case issue seems specific to the HEOS based PM7000N. The older UPNP devices seem to be fine (I only tried without playing music, don’t want to risk it)

• Group albums by artist check box still does not save.

• Artist list now can be customized to be “album artists” so that’s great!

What do you call “Playlists feature”?
Did you check if the sound is still muffled?

1 Like

I did not check the sound yet. Wasn’t near my DAC today.

There is a new link on the left that opens a new screen which lists your local and streaming playlists.

1 Like

:sunglasses: I hope you have a lot of fun denigrating the work of the Audirvana team.
Of course, we all would like AS to be bug free and work perfectly. But I think that systematic denigration doesn’t really promote improvements.

To be fair, we have to take into account that some very big companies still deliver buggy software and sometimes display nice spelling mistakes on their websites.

I know that this should not be used as an excuse. Audirvana must progress and prove itself again with the Studio version.

4 Likes

There is still work to do !
I always get static noise during playback when using Luminar AI or other software on a Mac mini M1 16 gig ram.
The problem exist also with Audirvana 3.5 version on the same M1 mac
Anyone else having this problem ?

1 Like

If you send you issue to support@audirvana.com with log you may get some answers.

Do you have a point to make?

2 Likes

That is untrue. If we were not providing useful critics, AS would have still adding MusciBrainz ID tag to the tracks and its sound would have still provoked horrible shrills in Bit-perfect mode.

All those who pretended that AS was working perfectly did not contribute to improve it. With their negative feedback, AS would have never improved, since they pretended that it was perfeect.

8 Likes

Indeed, the Pangloss of this world never achieved anything of any note, they just felt good about someone else’s achievement.

If anything, Audirvana was born out of Damien’s dissatisfaction with music players…

1 Like

This is not really exactly. Because for some users, maybe not many, I don’t know, AS works ok. They are not really necesary liars. For example I was very satisfied by the sound, had just few errors, don’t need the remote and don’t use the library feature. Maybe I’m an isolated case but why to say it’s not working if works for me? It’s not negative feedback, at least in my case. For example today I hadn’t any problem with Qobuz (Qobuz UK). Maybe just opened the player after the things has been fixed, don’t know, but in the last +/- 5 hours I used only Qobuz for listening to music, Qobuz with AS and not a single error. This doesn’t mean the things were ok, I’m not the only one, maybe I was just lucky or Qobuz UK hasn"t been affected. Or was a peering problem, there are few variables.

1 Like

I listened to AS 1.5.0 and I heard hardly any difference to the previous version in bit-perfect mode. Certainly no horrible shrills! Sonically, at least to me, indistinguishable from the previous version.

1 Like

I think that you don’t really understand what I am talking about, because you came late to the forum. Those who were here since the beginning of the trial period know to what I refer. There were a few zealous users who from the beginning were challenging everybody who formulated a critic about AS. And believe me that with the early versions, nothing worked as it should.